Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Folic acid, and have Lower respiratory tract infection.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Nose bleeds >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,338 users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nose bleeds 23,938 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 30 people (0.95%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Nose bleeds * :
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Nose bleeds||83.87%||16.13% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||86.67% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lower respiratory tract infection (13 people, 43.33%)
- Gout (13 people, 43.33%)
- Pain (13 people, 43.33%)
- Anaemia folate deficiency (13 people, 43.33%)
- Pulmonary embolism (9 people, 30.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (20 people, 66.67%)
- Warfarin sodium (14 people, 46.67%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 43.33%)
- Allopurinol (13 people, 43.33%)
- Furosemide (13 people, 43.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does tylenol slow down my ileostomy
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Iloestomy , and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I have an iloestomy and taking pain killers due back pain arthritis and fibro
- Caffeine, anhydrous and sodium benzoate injection?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Constant Low Spinal Fluid Headache, and takes Vicodin Es, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
A treatment has been prescribed but cannot be administered due to the decision by American Regent to not release their Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product (Caffeine, anhydrous (125 mg/mL) and Sodium benzoate (125 mg/mL)
2 mL single-dose vial). Does anyone take this via injection or IV, and if so, can you identify the source of the Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product? Thank you!
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season allergies. Since starting the medication, however, I have noticed that around an hour afterwards, I started having a great deal of hunger and was drowsy about a half hour after taking the pill.
I just wanted to know. Are these normal side effects people have with this medication or is it just me?
- What are the weird pains in my belly
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Belly Ache, and takes Co-codamol)
I've had this weird belly pain for the past few days now, I've been taking co codamol for a while now which doesn't seem to help, I can't explain the feeling of pain I've never had this before. I thought it was just because I needed a number 2 but that didn't help either :/
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nosebleeds, and takes Claritin)
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
More questions for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Pulse Increase, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm
Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed.
Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times)
Possible interaction with chocolate milk???
Next morning at 8am pulse was down to 68
Pre surgery pulse (my normal) was 60
Not on any other medication. Weight 220lbs. 5'10"
Stopped use...pain not that significant.
More reviews for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Nose bleeds
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
More related studies for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Nose bleeds
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.