Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Folic acid, and have Lower respiratory tract infection.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Nose bleeds >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,338 Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, acne. (latest reports from 23,974 Nose bleeds patients)
On Feb, 7, 2015: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 30 people (0.95%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Nose bleeds * :
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Nose bleeds||83.87%||16.13% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||86.67% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lower respiratory tract infection (13 people, 43.33%)
- Gout (13 people, 43.33%)
- Pain (13 people, 43.33%)
- Anaemia folate deficiency (13 people, 43.33%)
- Pulmonary embolism (9 people, 30.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (20 people, 66.67%)
- Warfarin sodium (14 people, 46.67%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 43.33%)
- Allopurinol (13 people, 43.33%)
- Furosemide (13 people, 43.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and nose bleeds on
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Co-codamol for a 43-year old woman with Pain In Limb. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Toviaz, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 67-year old woman with Bladder Discomfort, Thyrogen, Knee Pain, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Metformin, Invokana for a 26-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Nausea, Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a 48-year old woman with Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Nose Bleed (bleeding from nose), Bruise (an injury appearing as an area of discoloured skin on the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Zofran, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Metformin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 26-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Nausea, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Chronic Pain, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Recent Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.