Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Stomach ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Stomach ulcer is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Naproxen, and have Hypertension.
We study 3,157 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Stomach ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Stomach ulcer >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,338 users)
Stomach ulcer (stomach ulcer) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.(view latest reports from 30,836 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 51 people (1.62%) have Stomach Ulcer.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Stomach ulcer * :
Gender of people who have Stomach ulcer when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Stomach ulcer||73.58%||26.42% |
Age of people who have Stomach ulcer when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Stomach ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||0.00%||1.92%||0.00%||1.92%||92.31% |
Severity of Stomach ulcer when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Stomach ulcer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (27 people, 52.94%)
- Pain (22 people, 43.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 31.37%)
- Asthma (15 people, 29.41%)
- Duodenal ulcer (15 people, 29.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Naproxen (22 people, 43.14%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 31.37%)
- Nitroglycerin (16 people, 31.37%)
- Lansoprazole (16 people, 31.37%)
- Ibuprofen (16 people, 31.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Ulcer while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Stomach Ulcer
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Stomach Ulcer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Does tylenol slow down my ileostomy
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Iloestomy , and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I have an iloestomy and taking pain killers due back pain arthritis and fibro
- Caffeine, anhydrous and sodium benzoate injection?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Constant Low Spinal Fluid Headache, and takes Vicodin Es, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
A treatment has been prescribed but cannot be administered due to the decision by American Regent to not release their Caffeine and Sodium Benzoate Injection product (Caffeine, anhydrous (125 mg/mL) and Sodium benzoate (125 mg/mL)
2 mL single-dose vial). Does anyone take this via injection or IV, ...
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Stomach Ulcer, and takes Metformin)
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
More questions for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Stomach ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skin burn feeling and heart racing
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Ulcer, and takes Prilosec Otc)
On day 12 of taking the Prilosec I started to feel like I had a terrible sunburn on my arms and legs, it progressively got worse over the next 24 hrs and included intermittent extremely rapid heart rate.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Pulse Increase, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm
Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed.
Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times)
Possible interaction with chocolate milk???
Next morning at 8am pul ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Stomach ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of side effects of Sprix for a patient with Inflammation. The patient has Peptic Ulcer (stomach ulcer)
Comments: Sprix may seem ideal as a way to bypass the notorious gastrointestinal effects of NSAIDs - but these effects are a serious risk, no matter how the NSAID gets into your system. I learned this the hard way. If you do want to take Sprix (or other ketorolac), talk to your doctor about supplementing it w ...
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a patient with Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Ulcer - Stomach (stomach ulcer)
Comments: My stomach cramps when I haven't eaten in a while and it cramps when I eat. I've been very stressed lately and I know all of my "stress" is going to my stomach so there's probably a lot of acid in there. So I took the Wellbutrin to calm the stress but my stomach started cramping again.
- A study of drug interactions between Co-codamol, Paracetamol, Omeprazole, Naturetin-5, Meloxicam, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Pain, Indigestion, Hypertension, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Depression. The patient has Hernia - Abdominal, Chronic Sinusitis, Diverticulitis
Comments: I had laprascopici surgery for an inguinal hernia about fifteen months ago, since which time I have suffered bouts of diverticulitis, have developed a midline abdominal hernia adjacent to the site of entry of the laparoscope. Symptoms seem more severe when I am also suffering most from sinus pain a ...
More related studies for: Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, Stomach ulcer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.