Review: could Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Nicotine, and have Abdominal pain.
We study 3,158 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,339 Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 3,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. Among them, 9 people (0.29%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||22.22%||77.78% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||37.50%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Abdominal pain (3 people, 33.33%)
- Hemiparesis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Sciatica (1 people, 11.11%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 11.11%)
- Menopausal symptoms (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nicotine (3 people, 33.33%)
- Nortriptyline hcl (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Tramadol (2 people, 22.22%)
- Carvedilol (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Garcinia Cambogia, Depo-provera for a 16-year old girl with Pain, Weight Loss, Birth Control.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Xanax, Estazolam, Adderall Xr 20 for a 67-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Sleep Disorder, Adhd.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 1, Carbamazepine, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 47-year old woman with Ankle Pain, Neuropathy, Major Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Tinnitus
Recent Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.