Review: could Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate cause Joint pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 2, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 6,004 people who take Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate. Among them, 213 have Joint pain. See who they are, when they have Joint pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate
Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate (latest outcomes from 5,968 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain, acupuncture and pain. Commonly reported side effects of Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate include completed suicide, pain, pain exacerbated, cardiac arrest, stress and anxiety.
Joint pain (latest reports from 787,349 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Feb, 14, 2014: 5,911 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate. Among them, 208 people (3.52%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate * :
|Joint pain||52.36%||47.64% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.73%||17.92%||17.92%||23.70%||38.73% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (39 people, 18.75%)
- Pain (34 people, 16.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (34 people, 16.35%)
- Hypertension (30 people, 14.42%)
- Depression (21 people, 10.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (88 people, 42.31%)
- Prednisone (66 people, 31.73%)
- Prilosec (63 people, 30.29%)
- Aredia (60 people, 28.85%)
- Ambien (59 people, 28.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate, Joint pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate side effects from A to Z:
Browse Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (6 months ago):
Started with flu-like symptoms 2.5 years ago and has progressed to exhaustion, fatigue. muscles feel like I have ran a marithon to walk minimal distance (like from couch to bathroom--arms and legs, falling asleep driving-even while talking on phone. Cannot concentrate to get work done. Feel ill. Altered time perception-used to be early for everything, now late. Hurt all over still in my joints. started hands and feet, then moved to hips, then all joints. seems to move at times from hands and feet to hips. if weather is bad--i hurt worse.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate, Joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate, Joint pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster), Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Loss Of Hearing (Hearing loss), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (Tinnitus), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Ibuprofen, Vyvanse, Omeprazole, Cymbalta, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Kidney Stones, Neck Pain, Adhd, Heartburn - Chronic, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Creatinine Urine, Ph - Urine (Urine pH), Fatigue, Dry Mouth, Thirst, Joint Pain, Bladder Pain, Nausea, Testicular Pain, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Depression, Crying, Tremor, Gait Abnormal Nos, Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Nausea, Difficulty Falling Asleep (Insomnia), Balance Impaired Nos, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Numbness And Tingling, Confusion, Headache, Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction), Heart Rate Irregular, Postural Hypotension
More related studies for: Acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate, Joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.