Review: could Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Head injury.
We study 154 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine and have Drowsiness >>>
Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine
Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine 211 users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Drowsiness 68,687 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 154 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. Among them, 13 people (8.44%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine * :
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Head injury (7 people, 53.85%)
- Herpes zoster (1 people, 7.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 7.69%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 7.69%)
- Pain (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (7 people, 53.85%)
- Percocet (7 people, 53.85%)
- Ambien (7 people, 53.85%)
- Tylenol (5 people, 38.46%)
- Ativan (4 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Acetaminophen, Aspirin And Caffeine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the side effects of catuaba/golden trumpet? is it truly for man only? does it really help with physical and mental fatigue?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Physical Fatigue, Poor Memory, Sleepiness - During The Day)
On going, gradual forgetfulness for over 10 years. Concentration is moderate,but memory is very poor. Day time sleepiness is always an issue. No brain tumor, no dementia,nor any other neurological dysfunctions.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease (1 answer)
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Sleepy, and takes Lasix)
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
More questions for: Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Excedrin for a patient with Addiction, Headache. The patient has Sleep Paralysis
Comments: I had been experiencing sleep paralysis occasionally, now it is happening more often (about 3 nights a week) and for longer durations. I do sometimes feel my neck spasming during the episode, but it's not every time (and I'm not even sure if it's really happening)
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Sertraline for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Depression. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: Only started taking Prochlorperazine Maleate within the last month & have been experiencing severe Drowsiness which has been impacting my ability to work (Office) effectively. Suffering disorientation & vision issues (focussing).
I have a Doctors apppointment arranged for this Friday to discuss.
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Pain - Back. The patient has Sleepiness (excess sleeping)
Comments: Within an hour of taking Norco (10/325), I literally pass out. I cannot keep my eyes open. Unless I force myself to run around (cleaning house, doing errands, etc), I will fall asleep. This symptom only started this week. I have been taking Norco for 9 weeks now, off and on and it never had this aff ...
More related studies for: Acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine, Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.