Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate and Eye swelling - from FDA reports
Eye swelling is found among people who take Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Diclofenac, and have Analgesic therapy. This review analyzes which people have Eye swelling with Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,908 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
2,908 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate.
Among them, 6 people (0.21%) have Eye swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Eye swelling when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Eye swelling when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuralgia (1 person, 16.67%)
- Itching (1 person, 16.67%)
- Indigestion (1 person, 16.67%)
- Eye Pain (1 person, 16.67%)
- Analgesic Therapy (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tegretol (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Diclofenac (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lansoprazole (1 person, 16.67%)
- Chloramphenicol (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (3 people, 50.00%)
- Swelling Face (2 people, 33.33%)
- Skin Reaction (2 people, 33.33%)
- Rashes (2 people, 33.33%)
- Dyskinesia (1 person, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Eye swelling when taking Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate?
- Check symptoms - is eye swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEye swelling and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEye swelling and Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate
Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate has active ingredients of acetaminophen; codeine phosphate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen and codeine phosphate 3,208 users)
Eye swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 18,137 Eye swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophen and codeine phosphatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Eye swellingEye swelling
Could your condition cause Eye swellingEye swelling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
had a heart-attack in may with atrial flutter, heart rate was brought under control with medicine. for aid in falling asleep, i was told to take benadryl. i developed eye floaters, and was diagnosed with vitreous detachment. i quit taking the benadryl and everything cleared up. anyone know ...
User reviews to the study
I am 62 yrs old and have been using latisse or generic version of for over 5 yrs...last 2 yrs my eyelids have become red/swollen. I am now newly under a doctor's care for this, and have recently stopped the latisse. I am wondering how long it will take for the redness/swelling to resolve, and am ...