Home > Acetaminophen > Anaphylaxis > Acetaminophen and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Acetaminophen cause Anaphylaxis?
We study 69,432 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 476 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Acetaminophen (latest outcomes from 70,699 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 69,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen. Among them, 476 people (0.69%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Acetaminophen when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Acetaminophen * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Acetaminophen * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Acetaminophen ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (36 people, 7.56%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 7.14%)
- Prophylaxis (27 people, 5.67%)
- Pyrexia (17 people, 3.57%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (16 people, 3.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (76 people, 15.97%)
- Ibuprofen (39 people, 8.19%)
- Prednisolone (31 people, 6.51%)
- Furosemide (26 people, 5.46%)
- Diprivan (23 people, 4.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Acetaminophen?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
allsymptoms apeared while using mirena coil. inserted 2002 ,removed 2010. skin after removel became lax and papery, density of fatty tisseu severly decreased.
From this study (1 day ago):
since having 2 episodes so far this year which nobody knows what caused them. i suffer with my breathing and have chest pains. i never had these before the shock
From this study (3 days ago):
Nerve damage to shoulder. Compressed discs c5 and c7.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
More questions for: Acetaminophen, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep fall ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen, Anaphylaxis
On eHealthMe, Acetaminophen (acetaminophen) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Acetaminophen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Acetaminophen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (38 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Completed Suicide
- Weight Increased
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased
- Application Site Fissure