Home > Acetaminophen > Completed suicide > Acetaminophen and Completed suicide
Review: could Acetaminophen cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ethanol, and have Suicide attempt.
We study 69,432 people who have side effects while taking Acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,252 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acetaminophen and have Completed suicide >>>
Acetaminophen (latest outcomes from 70,703 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain.
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) (latest reports from 111,032 patients) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 69,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen. Among them, 3,252 people (4.68%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Acetaminophen when people have Completed suicide * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Completed suicide||97.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen * :
|Completed suicide||64.33%||35.67% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||6.13%||15.43%||21.51%||20.93%||17.93%||18.07% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Suicide attempt (565 people, 17.37%)
- Ill-defined disorder (88 people, 2.71%)
- Completed suicide (60 people, 1.85%)
- Depression (53 people, 1.63%)
- Pain (25 people, 0.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ethanol (308 people, 9.47%)
- Ibuprofen (289 people, 8.89%)
- Alprazolam (270 people, 8.30%)
- Aspirin (257 people, 7.90%)
- Diphenhydramine hcl (216 people, 6.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Acetaminophen
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
More questions for: Acetaminophen, Completed suicide
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Penicillin vk induced drowsiness
(Posted by a 28 year old man who has Pain - Ear, and takes Acetaminophen, Penicillin-vk)
I have been taking Penicillin VK and Acetaminophen for a severe pain I had been feeling in my ear. It's been 48 hours since I started taking them. Within the first 24 hours the pain had calmed down and I was feeling normal. However, since day 2 started, I have been feeling really drowsy. I keep fall ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Acetaminophen, Completed suicide
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium, Multivitamin, CoQ-10, Simvastatin, Digoxin, Losartan, Cranberry Extract, Verapamil Hcl, Acetaminophen for a patient with Energy Increased, Health, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Aging Changes In The Kidneys, Tension Headache. The patient has Brain Hemorrhage
Comments: He woke up not being able to use his left side and NO control of any part of his body other than right arm and right leg. 10 days critical care - 5 days in hospital - 3 months in nursing home/rehabilitation center for therapy - been home now for 6 months and I care for him. Was totally paralyzed and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pristiq, Tramadol, Ativan, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Omega 3, Flaxseed Oil, Multivitamin, Tylenol, Elavil, Pantoprazole Sodium, Caffeine, Adderall Xr 25, Provigil for a patient with Bipolar 2, Chronic Pain From Several Car Accidents Whiplash, Drug Abuse To Percocet Which Were Prescribed For Pain Trying To Increase Dopomine, Fish Oils Are Support To Be Good For Mood Swings, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Gas In Stomach From Cocktail Of Above Meds, Always Tired, Chronic Fatigue, Tried On Me As I Thought I Might Have Adhd But Not Fully Sure, Doctors Aren't Either, To Help With My Chronic Fatigue Symptoms. The patient has Wellbutrin Xl And Tramadol Had A Partial Focal Seizure, Wellbutrin Xl 150mg Irrtable And Snappy Personality Changes, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride Unsure But Feel It May Not Be Working As I Felt Very Depressed Today After Being On It For 2 Weeks At A Dose Of .25mg
Comments: I was in three car accidents, one in which my head was turned and I got rear ended from behind that was when all the pain issues started along with the percocet prescription. I didn't intially use the script but later on in the years I started to develop alot more pain after being hit in two more wh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Atenolol, Levothroid, Evista, Lyrica, Flexeril, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, TYLENOL for a patient with Depression, Gerd, Hypertension Nos, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Total Hysterectomy, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Preventive Health Care. The patient has Lip Blister
Comments: The problems with my lips began in Feb 2013. It is mostly my upper lip, with symptoms of tiny blisters & a red "line" along the edge of my upper lip, just the redness around my lower lip. There is also burning, swellin, and cracking of the upper lip. It will almost completely heal then will come ...
More related studies for: Acetaminophen, Completed suicide
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Vimovo and Insomnia
- Neck Pain and Insomnia
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (4 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (6 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (18 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 minutes ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (5 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (14 minutes ago)
- Fluconazole for a 50-year old woman who has Skin Candida (27 minutes ago)
- Prednisolone, Metformin, Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Ocusert Pilo-20, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Celebrex, Tramadol, Naproxen, Nifedipine, Butrans, Plaquenil, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Clonazepam for a 41-year old woman who has Immunosuppressant Drug Level, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Migraine With Aura, Pain And Sleep, Reflux Gastritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Anxiety, Pain, Reynauds, Graft Rejection, SLE, Myoclonus (31 minutes ago)