Acetaminophen and Completed suicide - from FDA reports
Completed suicide is found among people who take Acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Suicide attempt. This review analyzes which people have Completed suicide with Acetaminophen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 74,615 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
74,615 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen.
Among them, 4,161 people (5.58%) have Completed suicide
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen when people have Completed suicide *:
- < 1 month: 97.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.7 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen *:
- female: 65.33 %
- male: 34.67 %
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.11 %
- 20-29: 14.16 %
- 30-39: 19.94 %
- 40-49: 20.74 %
- 50-59: 20.58 %
- 60+: 19.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt (389 people, 9.35%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (58 people, 1.39%)
- Depression (48 people, 1.15%)
- Stress And Anxiety (8 people, 0.19%)
- Diabetes (7 people, 0.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Alprazolam (349 people, 8.39%)
- Ibuprofen (303 people, 7.28%)
- Clonazepam (195 people, 4.69%)
- Diazepam (177 people, 4.25%)
- Fluoxetine (162 people, 3.89%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Arrest (364 people, 8.75%)
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (357 people, 8.58%)
- Drug Toxicity (276 people, 6.63%)
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped (276 people, 6.63%)
- Poisoning (198 people, 4.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Completed suicide when taking Acetaminophen?
- Check symptoms - is completed suicide caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCompleted suicide and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCompleted suicide and Acetaminophen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen 76,318 users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 56,615 Completed suicide patients).
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Completed suicideCompleted suicide
Could your condition cause Completed suicideCompleted suicide
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My brother in law took his own life two months ago after being put on high doses of Seroquel. The family was not informed of the possibility of escalating depression or suicidal thoughts. If the Dr. thought that he was so ill that he needed a medication that might cause suicide, why wasn't he ...
I am a professional vocalist and am suffering from some vocal health issues that are interfering with my ability to sing at my peak ability. I'm on a whole crap load of meds and was curious if anyone on any combination of these medications are experiencing vocal hoarseness, especially when ...
User reviews to the study
I have been on cyclosporin for 8 days (400 mg/day)--this is for ecezema. The doc has just stopped cyclosporin. My physical therapist thinks it is the drug. We worked on my back but the physical therapy didn't help.