Review: could Acidophilus cause Hiatus hernia (Hiatal hernia)?
Summary: Hiatus hernia is found among people who take Acidophilus, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Singulair, and have Irritable bowel syndrome.
We study 1,038 people who have side effects while taking Acidophilus from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Hiatus hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiatus hernia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acidophilus and have Hiatus hernia >>>
Acidophilus has active ingredients of lactobacillus. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Acidophilus 1,130 users)
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Hiatus hernia 11,343 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,038 people reported to have side effects when taking Acidophilus. Among them, 24 people (2.31%) have Hiatus Hernia.
Time on Acidophilus when people have Hiatus hernia * :
Gender of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Acidophilus * :
|Hiatus hernia||90.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Acidophilus * :
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||87.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Hiatus hernia when taking Acidophilus ** :
How people recovered from Hiatus hernia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Irritable bowel syndrome (19 people, 79.17%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (19 people, 79.17%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (1 people, 4.17%)
- Stent placement (1 people, 4.17%)
- Contraception (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (21 people, 87.50%)
- Ativan (20 people, 83.33%)
- Lorazepam (20 people, 83.33%)
- Azithromycin (20 people, 83.33%)
- Wellbutrin xl (20 people, 83.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatus Hernia while taking Acidophilus?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acidophilus and have Hiatus Hernia
- support group for people who take Acidophilus
- support group for people who have Hiatus Hernia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Hiatal Hernia, Taking For Strep, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been acting up. Should I stop taking the medication?
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Is coughing and gagging associated with hiatal hernia
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Excessive Coughing And Gagging, Diarrhoea Infectious, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Simvastatin, Sertraline, Potassium Chloride, Acidophilus, Alprazolam)
Coughing, gagging and extreme diarrhea have been evident since the introduction of warfarin/coumadin. Could these symptoms be caused by this bolld thinner?
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid (1 answer)
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Hiatus Hernia)
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Migraines 7/24, Loss Of Balance, Thalmic Stroke, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Pressure, Rapid Heart Beat, S.L.E., Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Raynauds, Asthma, Muscle Weakness, PFO, Hypothyroidism, Reflux Gastritis, Back Pain, Involuntary Tremors Occasionally, Knee Pain)
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
More questions for: Acidophilus, Hiatus hernia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
(Posted by a 21 year old man who has Reflux Oesophagitis, Hernia - Hiatal, and takes Nexium)
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Acidophilus, Hiatus hernia
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocortisone, Acidophilus, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Multivitamin, Prilosec, Ibuprofen, Metaxalone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Redness Under Eyes / Upper Cheek Area, Health, N-a-g, Upset Stomach, Back Pain, Spasims, Low Thyroid, High Colestoral, Depression. The patient has Red Under Eyes, Upper Cheeks
Comments: Although I drink plenty of water and sometimes Gatorade, I have severe redness under eyes (upper cheeks). I already have dark circles under eyes though this does not seem related. Redness started about 3 months ago and is unaffected by over the counter creams. I get plenty of sleep, 6-8 hours per ni ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Nucynta, Levoxyl, Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Clarinex-d 12 Hour, Protonix, Mobic, Zocor, Elmiron, Fosamax, Patanol, Flonase, Multivitamin, Lutein, Lactobacillus, Flaxseed Oil, Glucosamine, Calcium for a patient with Pain, Breakthrough Pain, Hypothyroidism, Asthma Late Onset, Asthma, Nasal Congestion, Stomach Flu, Swelling Of Fingers, High Blood Cholesterol, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Supplementation Therapy. The patient has Forgetfulness, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Pancreatitis Chronic, Pain In Limb, Pain In Jaw, Sleep Inertia
Comments: Since taking Tramadol, then nucynta, and finally butrans leg pain developed and increased with each med change. My hip pain increased as did interruption in my sleep. I am more noise and light intolerant.
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Adderall 20, Compazine, Chantix, Bentyl, Buspar, Ativan, Testim, B Complex Vitamin, Valerian, Nexium, Lactobacillus, Cialis, Ibuprofen, Simethicone for a patient with Depression, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Nausea, Quit Smoking, Stomach Pain, Anxiety, Testosterone, Sleep Aid, Pelvic Relaxation, Heartburn, Lactose Intolerance, Erection Problems, Tooth Pain And Heart Attacks, Bloating. The patient has Ativan- Narcotic-tapering Down And Replacing With Buspar, Narcotic Abuse
Comments: I am in recovery from alcohol and drugs, this year after 10 years of continuous sobriety, I believe that some of the scripts have a side effect of drug seeking behavior, ultimately I want to be narcotic free, and probably need to see a psychiatrist to get the anti psychotic right, worried about taki ...
- A study of drug interactions between Triamcinolone Acetonide, Aspirin, Levofloxacin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Acidophilus, Atenolol for a patient with Bronchitis, Regular Insulin, Fluid In Lungs, Pain, Antibiotic Level, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hemiparesis Following The Injection Of Triacinolone
Comments: immediate pain on injection side after injection, pain up back and down leg wihin 15 minutes, pain on entire left side after 24 hours, tingling and pain in arm and leg injection side only after 48 hours, complete loss of sensation on left side, pain, muscle weakness, and not able to walk or use left ...
More related studies for: Acidophilus, Hiatus hernia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.