Home > Aciphex > Anaphylaxis > Aciphex and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Aciphex cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Aciphex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyrtec, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 11,595 people who have side effects while taking Aciphex from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aciphex and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Aciphex (latest outcomes from 12,007 users) has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 28,888 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 11,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Aciphex. Among them, 70 people (0.60%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Aciphex when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 17.14%)
- Multiple sclerosis (4 people, 5.71%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 4.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 4.29%)
- Skin ulcer (3 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyrtec (17 people, 24.29%)
- Diovan (14 people, 20.00%)
- Ativan (13 people, 18.57%)
- Atarax (13 people, 18.57%)
- Dilaudid (12 people, 17.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Aciphex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aciphex and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Aciphex
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Is their anyway of reliefing the urge of move pain, in my legs?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Burning Sensation In Legs, Urge To Move My Legs, Can't Contentration , Tiredness, and takes Rabeprazole, Phenergan W/ Codeine)
I am a 18 year old girl, that recently started having trouble sleeping. I have the urge to move every minute. When i stop moving i get a burning senseation that won't leave till i move my legs again. I experienced it when i was younger around 10 years old and than stopped, and now it has come back i ...
- Is clomid safe to take while on seroquel, valium, achiphex, & methadone 35mg?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Infertility Female, Liver Disease, Hemochromotosis, Hypertention, Chronic Hepatitis, and takes Clomiphene Citrate, Methadone Hydrochloride, Aciphex, Valium, Atenolol)
i am worried about taking clomid w any of this meds., especially seroquel. Though, I do not take on regular basis.
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Anaphylaxis)
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
More questions for: Aciphex, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Shock, and takes Fish Oil)
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Aciphex, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia. The patient has Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure), Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble), Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Anaphylactic shock upon first and second infusions. Crash team intervention required
Bilateral Pulmonary embolisms at 4th week of treatment
Chronic and multiple episodes of accute Hypotension started during Rituximab treatments. No hypoentention problems prior to Rituximab treatments.
- A study of side effects of Rabeprazole Sodium for a patient with Heartburn. The patient has Itching
Comments: I got this medication from the hospital brcause i was having severe heartburn ive been on it for 1 month the doc gave me a refill and when i went for the refill the pharmasist said it was a different manufacturer i took it at my regular time at night around 10:30pm and an hour later 11:30pm now i am ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rabeprazole Sodium, Norvasc for a patient with Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Retinal Vein Occlusion
Comments: RVO occurred roughly 10 days after taking a generic form of Norvasc. Normal vision returned roughly 3 days after discontinuing Norvasc. Roughly 3 weeks later the RVO returned. Returned to using Norvasc per prescribed 5mg/day taking 1/2 dose twice daily. No improvement in vision and may be getting wo ...
More related studies for: Aciphex, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.