Aciphex and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Aciphex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyrtec, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Aciphex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,984 people who have side effects when taking Aciphex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
13,984 people reported to have side effects when taking Aciphex.
Among them, 80 people (0.57%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aciphex when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex *:
- female: 73.42 %
- male: 26.58 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.99 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.97 %
- 40-49: 16.42 %
- 50-59: 47.76 %
- 60+: 26.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 15.00%)
- Asthma (9 people, 11.25%)
- Hypersensitivity (6 people, 7.50%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (5 people, 6.25%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec (18 people, 22.50%)
- Diovan (14 people, 17.50%)
- Ativan (14 people, 17.50%)
- Atarax (13 people, 16.25%)
- Accolate (13 people, 16.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Swallowing Difficulty (21 people, 26.25%)
- Chest Pain (21 people, 26.25%)
- Stress And Anxiety (20 people, 25.00%)
- Dizziness (19 people, 23.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (19 people, 23.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Aciphex?
Aciphex has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Aciphex 14,652 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 43,777 Anaphylaxis patients).