Review: could Actemra cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,436 people who have side effects while taking Actemra from FDA and social media. Among them, 244 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia >>>
Actemra has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 4,460 Actemra users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 122,910 Pneumonia patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 4,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra. Among them, 244 people (5.50%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Actemra when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Actemra ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (244 people, 100.00%)
- Juvenile arthritis (54 people, 22.13%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 13.93%)
- Castleman's disease (27 people, 11.07%)
- Pain (21 people, 8.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (234 people, 95.90%)
- Methotrexate (170 people, 69.67%)
- Folic acid (59 people, 24.18%)
- Aspirin (53 people, 21.72%)
- Amlodipine (53 people, 21.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of actemra and pneumonia on
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Actemra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Actemra
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a 55-year old man with Shortness Of Breath. The patient has Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Balsalazide Disodium, Actemra for a 10-year old boy with Depression, Colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Unresponsive To Verbal Stimuli, Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Actemra for a 45-year old woman with Posterior Spinal Fusion, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Knee Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Actemra, Ativan, Gabapentin, Prometrium, Cymbalta, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 48-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, Neuropathy, Menopausal Symptoms, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis
Recent Actemra related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Actemra for a 50-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Simponi, Enbrel, Humira, Actemra for a 36-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Actemra, Orencia for a 75-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Actemra for a 51-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Orencia, Remicade, Actemra, Xeljanz, Imuran for a 66-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.