Home > Actemra > Pneumonia > Actemra and Pneumonia
Review: could Actemra cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,433 people who have side effects while taking Actemra from FDA and social media. Among them, 244 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia >>>
Actemra (latest outcomes from 4,456 users) has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Pneumonia (latest reports from 766,470 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 4,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra. Among them, 244 people (5.50%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Actemra when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Actemra ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (244 people, 100.00%)
- Juvenile arthritis (54 people, 22.13%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 13.93%)
- Castleman's disease (27 people, 11.07%)
- Pain (21 people, 8.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (234 people, 95.90%)
- Methotrexate (170 people, 69.67%)
- Folic acid (59 people, 24.18%)
- Aspirin (53 people, 21.72%)
- Amlodipine (53 people, 21.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Actemra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Actemra
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Pneumonia, and takes Voltaren)
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Radiation Exposure, Hodgkin's Disease, Breast Cancer Female, Heart Valve Calcification, Pleural Effusion, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pneumonia, and takes Synthroid, Singulair, Azithromycin)
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
- Should i take activella 1/.5 for menapause symptoms? i have tachycardia and a strong family history of heart disease and problems.
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Menapause, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Prednisone, Cardizem, Ventolin, Metformin, Claritin, Macrobid, Dulera, Zanaflex, Actemra, Vitamin D, Edta)
I am trying to decide if I should take Activella 1/.5 for treatment of Menapause symptoms that are driving me nuts. I have been struggling with hot flashes and night sweats along with dryness, and difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me that since I am 48 and already about a year into this that tre ...
- Can taking boniva cause pneumonia?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Pneumonia, and takes Boniva)
took only 1 dose the 1st of June. Got URI 2 weeks later. Chest x-ray revealed pneumonia. Was always very healthy. Never any lung problems, hardly never even a cold. Fever getting to me after a week. Put on Levaquin after Ceftin failed to work.
- Am having a major herpes breakout 2 weeks after actemra infusion even though i have been on a daily regimen of acylocyovir for 5 years. has anyone else had this happen?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Atrophic Vulvovaginitis, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Reynauds Syndrome, Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression - Chronic, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Glaucoma Surgery, Dry Eye Syndrome, Disability, Osteoarthritis, Back Pain, and takes Methotrexate, Premarin, Acyclovir, Pantoprazole, Atenolol, Losartan, Prozac, Oxybutynin Chloride, Piroxicam, Hydramine, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Actemra, Kenalog, Gaba (gamma - Aminobutyric Acid), Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Leucovorin Calcium Preservative Free)
Contracted herpes 2 from my ex husband 6 yrs ago. Was on Remicade infusions at the time so my immune system was already compromised. Have been on a daily regimen of 400 Mg of acyclovir since then. Sometimes taking an additional 1600 Mg when I feel the onset of a breakout. I am a high strung person & ...
More questions for: Actemra, Pneumonia
More reviews for: Actemra, Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Clonidine, Actemra, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Pressure. The patient has Many Sores On Face And In Nose, Bleeding From Ear, Back Of Head And Neck Looked Like It Had Been Shreeded
Comments: The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ciprofloxacin, Actemra for a patient with Pouchitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Pouchitis
Comments: had colon removed in 1992
diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis in 2012
persistent pouchitis in j-pouch
does actemra make pouchitis worse??
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Wrists Are Badly Effected
Comments: I have gained weight since 10 kgs after the two shots of Actemra 560mg. Please tell me how to put off this weight
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Candida Pneumonia. The patient has Candida Nos, Pneumonia
Comments: After third infusion of Remicade I developed pneumonia requiring hospitalization. An 8 day stay with anti-biotic treatments. I developed oral candida albicans where lozenges (200) failed to cure. Just switched to liquid solution w/I last 2 days. Doctors report I have developed pulmonary fibrosis. W ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dilaudid, Robinul, Transderm Scop for a patient with Pain, Stomach Pain, Not Breathing. The patient has Pneumonia Nos, Renal Failure Neonatal
Comments: Hospice claimed drugs would lessen pain and help breathing. Hospice doctor later admitted that the combination of drugs administered was intended to prevent the patient from being able to talk or swallow and cause supposedly painless kidney failure for a timely passing.
More related studies for: Actemra, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.