Review: could Actemra cause Pneumonia?
Summary: Pneumonia is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisolone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,433 people who have side effects while taking Actemra from FDA and social media. Among them, 244 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia >>>
Actemra has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Actemra 4,456 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Pneumonia 122,474 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 4,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra. Among them, 244 people (5.50%) have Pneumonia.
Time on Actemra when people have Pneumonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Actemra * :
Severity of Pneumonia when taking Actemra ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (244 people, 100.00%)
- Juvenile arthritis (54 people, 22.13%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 13.93%)
- Castleman's disease (27 people, 11.07%)
- Pain (21 people, 8.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisolone (234 people, 95.90%)
- Methotrexate (170 people, 69.67%)
- Folic acid (59 people, 24.18%)
- Aspirin (53 people, 21.72%)
- Amlodipine (53 people, 21.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pneumonia while taking Actemra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actemra and have Pneumonia
- support group for people who take Actemra
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
- Should i take activella 1/.5 for menapause symptoms? i have tachycardia and a strong family history of heart disease and problems.
I am trying to decide if I should take Activella 1/.5 for treatment of Menapause symptoms that are driving me nuts. I have been struggling with hot flashes and night sweats along with dryness, and difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me that since I am 48 and already about a year into this that treatment should last only 1 to 2 years. With my health conditions and family history, I am curious about the benefits verses the risks involved with taking this drug.
- Can taking boniva cause pneumonia?
took only 1 dose the 1st of June. Got URI 2 weeks later. Chest x-ray revealed pneumonia. Was always very healthy. Never any lung problems, hardly never even a cold. Fever getting to me after a week. Put on Levaquin after Ceftin failed to work.
- Am having a major herpes breakout 2 weeks after actemra infusion even though i have been on a daily regimen of acylocyovir for 5 years. has anyone else had this happen?
Contracted herpes 2 from my ex husband 6 yrs ago. Was on Remicade infusions at the time so my immune system was already compromised. Have been on a daily regimen of 400 Mg of acyclovir since then. Sometimes taking an additional 1600 Mg when I feel the onset of a breakout. I am a high strung person & have a hard time dealing with my RA & other ailments as well as family &life( like Anyone with chronic issues).
This breakout is unusual because I have many sores & usuaully never do. Just the tingling & am able to prevent breakout with the extra mess. SO Is this related to Actemra infusion or not? Thank you for your help
More questions for: Actemra, Pneumonia
More reviews for: Actemra, Pneumonia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
- After third infusion of Remicade I developed pneumonia requiring hospitalization. An 8 day stay with anti-biotic treatments. I developed oral candida albicans where lozenges (200) failed to cure. Just switched to liquid solution w/I last 2 days. Doctors report I have developed pulmonary fibrosis. W ...
- Hospice claimed drugs would lessen pain and help breathing. Hospice doctor later admitted that the combination of drugs administered was intended to prevent the patient from being able to talk or swallow and cause supposedly painless kidney failure for a timely passing.
- Had pneumonia. Was given 6 sample pills of antibiotics (heavy duty) but don't know name. Recovered from pneumonia I thought but a week to two week later went on a trip and had severe diarrhea, bloating, throwing up, now constipated and then spotted (having period with cramps but had an ablation so n ...
- I had pneumonia 3 days after I had botox treatments for bladder incontinence with uncontrolable coughing, fever and chills. Was seen by doctor who verified this. Still coughing after 3 weeks and tire our just walking about 50 feet.
More related studies for: Actemra, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.