Home > Actemra > Systemic lupus erythematosus > Actemra and Systemic lupus erythematosus
Review: could Actemra cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,433 people who have side effects while taking Actemra from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actemra and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Actemra (latest outcomes from 4,456 users) has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) (latest reports from 13,078 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 4,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra. Among them, 23 people (0.52%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Actemra when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||11.76%||64.71%||17.65%||0.00%||5.88%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||0.00%||10.00%||30.00%||35.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra ** :
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (19 people, 82.61%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 13.04%)
- Antiphospholipid syndrome (3 people, 13.04%)
- Pain in extremity (2 people, 8.70%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (7 people, 30.43%)
- Mabthera (6 people, 26.09%)
- Acetaminophen (3 people, 13.04%)
- Sodium ferrous citrate (3 people, 13.04%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Actemra?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actemra and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Actemra
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
- Does plaquenil fade lupis discoid lesions? does plaquenil cause you to lose your hair?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Lupus, and takes Plaquenil, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Biotin)
I have had lupus discoid for 30+ years and no am experiencing them on my face. I want to know if plaquenil will help me.
- Should i take lamictal if i have sle lupus?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Lupus, and takes Lamictal)
I have SLE Lupus and I was checking the side effect list for Lamictal and it said it could cause Lupus like symptoms. Is this a bad drug for me to take if I already have lupus?
- What is the effect of having prolonged oral sex with my girly who is taking 750 mg mychophenolate, morning and night,and 10 mg prednisone once daily, can this be present in her orgasm fluid
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
Can the drugs Mychophenolate and or Prednisone be present in a female orgasm, during oral sex, and can they affect their partner
More questions for: Actemra, Systemic lupus erythematosus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Transient Psychosis, Lupus, and takes Indomethacin)
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5- ...
More reviews for: Actemra, Systemic lupus erythematosus
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Clonidine, Actemra, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Blood Pressure. The patient has Many Sores On Face And In Nose, Bleeding From Ear, Back Of Head And Neck Looked Like It Had Been Shreeded
Comments: The resulting cause of the ulcerations is a large amount of fluid under the skin. This fluid creates enough pressure that it has to be expressed whenever you can't stand the pain anymore. The fluid is clear and dries yellow. It appears that it also has crystals when dried.
The reaction of thes ...
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Followed Up Drug After Cipro And Flagil Post Diverticulitis.. The patient has Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases)
Comments: Lupus, severe following 7 days on Avelox. Hospitalized for 28 days at two different hospitals before a diagnosis was made at Duke University hospital. Discharged and diagnosis was made a few days later, once all the test results were back. Rheumatoligist has been treating past eight months for Lup ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Bextra for a patient with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The patient has Vertigo, Boils, Babies And Heat Rashes, Liver Disease, Nail Toxicity, Fatigue - Chronic, Vitamin D Deficiency, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hair Loss, Subcutaneous, Muscle Function Loss, Bone Loss, Inflammation, Immune System Disorder, Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds, Kidney Disease, Lupus, Lymphopenia, Dermatomyositis
Comments: I am recovering from reconstructive facial surgery and fat transfer due to the loss of subcutaneous fat loss. I am waiting for authorization to have surgery for the injury of my buttocks. I have Doctor reports confirming Celebrex is the cause for all my injuries.
- A study of drug interactions between Fioricet, Percocet, Nuvigil, Dexilant, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Actemra, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothroid, Celebrex, Cymbalta for a patient with Headache, Pain, Fatigue, Gerd, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Overactive Bladder, Hypertension, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Headache, Pain - Neck
Comments: The only time the pain is partially releaved is lying in a prone position with heat on my posterior neck and the back of my head. The pain strats in my shoulders and neck and radiates up the back of my head.
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin)
Comments: Red spots occurred from above my elbow downward after Actemra treatment. Nurse had just flushed the line with saline when it started. Prior to treatment, she had placed a blood pressure cuff to cause my vein to pop up.
More related studies for: Actemra, Systemic lupus erythematosus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.