Review: could Actemra cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Actemra, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 4,437 people who have side effects while taking Actemra from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Actemra and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Actemra has active ingredients of tocilizumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 4,461 Actemra users)
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 13,120 Systemic lupus erythematosus patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 4,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Actemra. Among them, 23 people (0.52%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Actemra when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||11.76%||64.71%||17.65%||0.00%||5.88%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||0.00%||10.00%||30.00%||35.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Actemra ** :
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (19 people, 82.61%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 13.04%)
- Antiphospholipid syndrome (3 people, 13.04%)
- Pain in extremity (2 people, 8.70%)
- Iron deficiency anaemia (2 people, 8.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (7 people, 30.43%)
- Mabthera (6 people, 26.09%)
- Acetaminophen (3 people, 13.04%)
- Sodium ferrous citrate (3 people, 13.04%)
- Prednisolone (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of actemra and systemic lupus erythematosus on
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Actemra?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Actemra and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Actemra
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a 50-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Fluid Retention, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroedema, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Balsalazide Disodium, Actemra for a 10-year old boy with Depression, Colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Unresponsive To Verbal Stimuli, Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Actemra for a 45-year old woman with Posterior Spinal Fusion, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Knee Pain
Recent Actemra related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.