Home > Actonel > Cellulitis > Actonel and Cellulitis
Review: could Actonel cause Cellulitis?
Summary: Cellulitis is found among people who take Actonel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,384 people who have side effects while taking Actonel from FDA and social media. Among them, 315 have Cellulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Cellulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actonel and have Cellulitis >>>
Actonel (latest outcomes from 17,608 users) has active ingredients of risedronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Cellulitis (infection under the skin) (latest reports from 23,749 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 17,384 people reported to have side effects when taking Actonel. Among them, 316 people (1.82%) have Cellulitis.
Time on Actonel when people have Cellulitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cellulitis when taking Actonel * :
Severity of Cellulitis when taking Actonel ** :
How people recovered from Cellulitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (226 people, 71.52%)
- Osteopenia (122 people, 38.61%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (35 people, 11.08%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (30 people, 9.49%)
- Breast cancer (22 people, 6.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (257 people, 81.33%)
- Folic acid (72 people, 22.78%)
- Prednisone (60 people, 18.99%)
- Furosemide (54 people, 17.09%)
- Zometa (54 people, 17.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cellulitis while taking Actonel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actonel and have Cellulitis
- support group for people who take Actonel
- support group for people who have Cellulitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take ibuprofen with acronel
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Actonel)
I have pain in my pain and tail bone. pain in the tail bone related to a fall,
pain in my spine related to osteoporosis.
- Was on flucloxicillan for cellulitis large toe now have tingling sensation and occasional throb also still a bit swollen do i need more anti-biotics?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Cellulitis)
Recently had Cellulitis otherwise normally healhy 50 year old Woman. Taken in bottom of left toe. Was on Flucloxicillan and redness reduced. However left with a tingling sensation,still the occassional throb and a little swollen. Do I need more Anti biotics?
- Could recent risedronate withdrawal after 20 yrs. regular use, be a cause of simultaneous severe lower back pain just from standing longer than 30 min.?.
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Osteopenia, Cardiomyopathy, Restless Leg Syndrome, and takes Risedronate Sodium, Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Temazepam)
5'6"-123# 10% body fat. Blood pressure low normal. Triathlons to my early 70's, when cardiomyopathy operation installed Pacemaker/defibulator. Very healthy eater. Excercised regularly, until foot bone break from fall Summer 2012. Still swim and some flex exercises, but no cartilege in left should ...
- Why do i feel cold all the time?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, and takes Actonel, Evista)
I am an active 67 year-old with osteoporosis. I have tried two types of bisphosphonates, but the side effects have been too severe to continue (advice from my doctor)and apart from an ampule of Vit D taken quarterly, I take no medication. The places where I feel cold are in my lower back and upper ...
- Which antidepressant does not cause edema?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Depression - Elderly, Lymphadema, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Breast Cosmetic Surgery, and takes Cymbalta, Zopiclone, Actonel)
Had breast cancer in 2012, now have pain, lymphadema in left arm and chest and edema swelling of abdomen, legs and right arm.
More questions for: Actonel, Cellulitis
More reviews for: Actonel, Cellulitis
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Stribild, Adderall 20 for a patient with Cellulitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Leg Pain, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, Leg Swelling, Cellulitis, Infection Reactivation
Comments: recurring cellulitis infection? Was hospitilized twice. 1st time left leg was infected, 1.5 weeks later was hospitalized for infection in right leg. Treated with Clindamycin both times and the infection cleared up. redness, swelling and warmness to the tough have all came back on my right leg. It st ...
- A study of side effects of Actonel for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has
Comments: A bone scan recently showed two areas were in the danger region.
I previously was prescribed alendronic acid which I believe had adverse effects on my liver and want to avoid any further liver damage.
- A study of drug interactions between Pantopaque, Sertraline, Quetiapine Fumarate, Clonazepam, Risedronate Sodium for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Depression, Depression Majar, Anxiety And Stress, Post-traumatic Osteoporosis. The patient has Thumbs Moves By Itself, Urge To Move Legs And Feet, Leg Cramps, Severely Painfull Toes From Twitching And Rubbing
Comments: 48 year old woman ...suffering from osteoporosis...arthritis...reflux...major depression...anxiety and stress...if im standing up or sitting down those toes move till i go to sleep and even then hubby says i kick my legs at night ...what happening...im in so much pain...stops me from walking now
More related studies for: Actonel, Cellulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Numbness And Tingling and Ibuprofen
- Bph and Imipramine - Serum
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (31 minutes ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (4 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (6 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)