Home > Actos > Colorectal cancer > Actos and Colorectal cancer
Review: could Actos cause Colorectal cancer (Colon cancer)?
Summary: Colorectal cancer is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Glyburide, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 31,007 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Colorectal cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Colorectal cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal cancer >>>
Actos (latest outcomes from 31,345 users) has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer or bowel cancer) (latest reports from 19,292 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 31,007 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 41 people (0.13%) have Colorectal Cancer.
Time on Actos when people have Colorectal cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||28.95%||65.79% |
Severity of Colorectal cancer when taking Actos ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Colorectal cancer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 17.07%)
- Colorectal cancer (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glyburide (11 people, 26.83%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 14.63%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.63%)
- Panitumumab (6 people, 14.63%)
- Oxaliplatin (5 people, 12.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colorectal Cancer while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal Cancer
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Colorectal Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Pinpoint Redspots In Shoulder, Leg, Arms Etc., After 1 Week Of Started Taking Actos, and takes Actos )
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Fluoxetine, Lansoprazole, Exforge, Celebrex, Cyanocobalamin, Bystolic, Pioglitazone, Leflunomide, Lansoprazole)
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- Is there anyone who has information or experience with refractory multiple myeloma and the development of a second primary cancer in the colon (colon cancer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Multiple Myleoma (Refractory), Colon Cancer, and takes Revlimid, Cytoxan, Melphalan Hydrochloride, Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Zometa, Thalomid)
Diagnosed May 2009 with Stage IV, IGg Kappa Multiple Myeloma. Presented with pneumonia, 2 rib fractures, anemia, elevated serum m-protein, over 100 bone lesions, 78% plasma cells in bone marrow. No organ involvement. Chromosomal mutations, deletions, and transposition. Evaluated as low risk. 52 X- ...
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Diabetic Gastroparesis, Chronic Pain, Diabetic Neuropathy, Phenegran, and takes Novolog Mix 70/30, Lantus, Actos, Furosemide, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Spironolactone, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Phenergan, Zantac 300, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
More questions for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
More reviews for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Pioglitazone, Candesartan Cilexetil, Amlodipine Besylate, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with BPH, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Depression. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I've only taken the drug for 3 days but I'm stopping taking it as the diarrhea is so severe. I have IBS D which might be part of the problem. I have been taking 15 mg of mirtazapine but this was causing some weight gain and sometimes bad dreams so I requested a change of antidepressant.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Baby Aspirin, Simvastatin, Allopurinol, Actos, Revlimid for a patient with General Physical Condition, Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds, Myelofibrosis, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Diarrhea
Comments: Tingling and numbness in toes only and not severe. Started taking Revlimid on July 7, 2011, except for 10 weeks from 2-21-12 thru 5-1-12.
Severe diarrhea has now occurred for about two years with no let up. I average about four times a day, starting in the AM. It usually tapers off after 2:00 PM ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Allopurinol, Losartan, Metformin, Actos for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gouty Arthritis, Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Recently added actos and Losartan to my regiment of Prescription drugs and have recently noticed problems with achieving and sustaining erections. Prior to this, there was never a problem.
I also take an aspirin, fish oil tablet and niacin capsule daily.
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, Niacin, Multivitamin, American Pawpaw, Linseed Flax Oil, Fish Oil, Lisinopril, Pradaxa, Atenolol, Glyburide, Actos for a patient with Heart Fibrillation, Promotion Of Peripheral Circulation, General Physical Health Deterioration, Prostate Cancer, General Symptom, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Old Age, Neuropathy, Diabetes Mellitus Nos, Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
Comments: I have had several hip operations. 1956 1979 1989 1999 2operations
Not enough blood to my brain during last hip operation. 1999
Staff infection, severe. 1999
Have not drank or smoked in over 40 years.
More related studies for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Coreg for Heart Palpitations
- Avodart and Migraine Prophylaxis
- Hypericum Perforatum
- Nausea and Edema
- Ge Reflux and Nausea
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
Answer: I seem to have exact the same simptoms as Klaus, I started ... (4 hours ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
Answer: In my experience, if a person takes Benadryl regularly the ... (6 hours ago)
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (13 hours ago)
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help m ... (16 hours ago)
- Prescribed drugs side effect
Response: I have been taking 200 mg every night for approx. 3 years ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dutasteride for a 65-year old man who has Prostate Examination Abnormal (2 minutes ago)
- Advair Hfa, Omeprazole, Lasix, Savella for a 46-year old woman who has Asthma, GE Reflux, Edema, Fibromyalgia (43 minutes ago)
- Xanax, Mirena, Lexapro, Lamictal for a 35-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Depression (1 hour ago)