Home > Actos > Colorectal cancer > Actos and Colorectal cancer
Review: could Actos cause Colorectal cancer (Colon cancer)?
Summary: Colorectal cancer is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Glyburide, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 31,007 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Colorectal cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Colorectal cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal cancer >>>
Actos (latest outcomes from 31,345 users) has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer or bowel cancer) (latest reports from 41,912 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, preventive health care.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 31,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 41 people (0.13%) have Colorectal Cancer.
Time on Actos when people have Colorectal cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||28.95%||65.79% |
Severity of Colorectal cancer when taking Actos ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Colorectal cancer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 17.07%)
- Colorectal cancer (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glyburide (11 people, 26.83%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 14.63%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.63%)
- Panitumumab (6 people, 14.63%)
- Oxaliplatin (5 people, 12.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colorectal Cancer while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal Cancer
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Colorectal Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Pinpoint Redspots In Shoulder, Leg, Arms Etc., After 1 Week Of Started Taking Actos, and takes Actos )
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Fluoxetine, Lansoprazole, Exforge, Celebrex, Cyanocobalamin, Bystolic, Pioglitazone, Leflunomide, Lansoprazole)
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- Is there anyone who has information or experience with refractory multiple myeloma and the development of a second primary cancer in the colon (colon cancer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Multiple Myleoma (Refractory), Colon Cancer, and takes Revlimid, Cytoxan, Melphalan Hydrochloride, Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Zometa, Thalomid)
Diagnosed May 2009 with Stage IV, IGg Kappa Multiple Myeloma. Presented with pneumonia, 2 rib fractures, anemia, elevated serum m-protein, over 100 bone lesions, 78% plasma cells in bone marrow. No organ involvement. Chromosomal mutations, deletions, and transposition. Evaluated as low risk. 52 X- ...
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Diabetic Gastroparesis, Chronic Pain, Diabetic Neuropathy, Phenegran, and takes Novolog Mix 70/30, Lantus, Actos, Furosemide, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Spironolactone, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Phenergan, Zantac 300, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
More questions for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
More reviews for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Pioglitazone, Lente Insulin, NovoRapid, Omeprazole, Quinine Sulfate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ramipril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Insulin Resistant Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Cramps - Leg, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetic Nephropathy, Diabetic Neuropathy, Enlarged Prostate, Blood Pressure - Aging Changes. The patient has Nasal Mucosal Disorder
Comments: nasal drip and cough
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Aspirin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gabapentin, Metformin, Pioglitazone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Joint Pain, Stroke Symptom, Hypertension, Neuropathy, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal. The patient has Cellulitis, Hyponatraemia
Comments: Painful shoulder accompanied by rash
- A study of side effects of Pioglitazone for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Weight Gain
Comments: hospitalized 8 days while being treated for congestive heart failure, AFib. Had 3 procedures for Afib, none of which worked. still on pioglitazone
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Pioglitazone, Metformin, Lisinopril, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Decreased, Depression Suicidal. The patient has
Comments: can i take raspberry ketone to lose weight
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
More related studies for: Actos, Colorectal cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.