Review: could Actos cause Colorectal cancer (Colon cancer)?
Summary: Colorectal cancer is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Glyburide, and have Preventive health care.
We study 31,013 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Colorectal cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Colorectal cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal cancer >>>
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 31,352 Actos users)
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer or bowel cancer) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, preventive health care. (latest reports from 19,293 Colorectal cancer patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 31,013 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 41 people (0.13%) have Colorectal Cancer.
Time on Actos when people have Colorectal cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Colorectal cancer when taking Actos * :
|Colorectal cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||28.95%||65.79% |
Severity of Colorectal cancer when taking Actos ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Colorectal cancer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Colorectal cancer||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 17.07%)
- Colorectal cancer (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (7 people, 17.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glyburide (11 people, 26.83%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 14.63%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.63%)
- Panitumumab (6 people, 14.63%)
- Oxaliplatin (5 people, 12.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colorectal Cancer while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Actos and have Colorectal Cancer
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Colorectal Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Lexapro, Lamictal, Prilosec, Simvastatin, Niaspan, Levoxyl, Actos, Januvia, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 64-year old man with Abdominal Pain Lower, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Gerd, Hypercholesterolemia, High Trigylycerides, Hypothyroidism - Primary, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Diabetes. The patient has Low Platelet Count
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Actos for a 68-year old woman with Blood Pressure Decreased, Diabetes Insipidus. The patient has Red Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Haloperidol, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Pioglitazone, Atorvastatin Calcium, Melatonin, Lamotrigine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Clozapine for a 47-year old woman with Psychotic Behaviour, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetic Complication, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Cold Sweat
Recent Actos related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.