Home > Actos > Erectile dysfunction > Actos and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Actos cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levitra, and have Erectile dysfunction.
We study 31,007 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 143 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Actos (latest outcomes from 31,345 users) has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 130,384 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 31,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 147 people (0.47%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Actos when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||23.08%||30.77%||0.00%||15.38%||23.08%||0.00%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Actos * :
|Erectile dysfunction||5.70%||94.30% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Actos * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.97%||10.56%||38.03%||39.44% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Actos ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||42.86%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (48 people, 32.65%)
- Depression (25 people, 17.01%)
- Bipolar disorder (17 people, 11.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 10.20%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 10.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levitra (43 people, 29.25%)
- Lipitor (40 people, 27.21%)
- Viagra (39 people, 26.53%)
- Vioxx (28 people, 19.05%)
- Glucophage (27 people, 18.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium)
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first ...
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Pinpoint Redspots In Shoulder, Leg, Arms Etc., After 1 Week Of Started Taking Actos, and takes Actos )
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Adderall Xr 30, Effexor)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
(Asked by a 80 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, Sexual Dysfunction, Night Sweats, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Sleeplessness, and takes Sertraline)
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
More questions for: Actos, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Viagra)
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Bacterial Lung Infection, ED, and takes Prednisone)
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
- Good medication no side effects
(Posted by a 30 year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder, ED, and takes Viagra, Latuda, Valproate Sodium)
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
More reviews for: Actos, Erectile dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Zoloft for a patient with Vitamin B-12 Level, Depression. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction, Anger
Comments: I was on 50mg for a year & went up to 100mg. My sex drive became non-existant & the slightest thing sent me into a complete rage. I yell, scream, cuss, & say most horrible things to people I love. I feel the room spin and lose complete control. I have become physically agressive with my boyfriend ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Melatonin, Xanax, Topamax for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Chronic Insomnia, Panic Attacks, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Biliary Dyskinesia, Failure To Thrive, Withdrawal From Opioids, Terminal Insomnia, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: Gallbladder had to be removed. Topamax made me loose 40 pounds, vomiting, nausea. Took 2 months to wean off. I'm a tall woman and went down to 105 pounds trying to wean off topamax. Been off it 4 months. Was still loosing weight and couldn't hold liquid or food down. My color was becoming greyish an ...
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Spironolactone, Aspirin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Dramamine, Temazepam, Byetta, Testim, Viagra, Adderall 30 for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Smoking Cessation Therapy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergic Sinusitis, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Anxiety, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Testosterone, Erectile Dysfunction, Attention Span. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Overall: Diabetes stays under 120, testosterone levels remain low for age (48, but testosterone levels of 90 year old man). Atypically small penis, testes often recede so that the scrotum is flat and tight. Bi-sexual with periodic gender issues (desire to be feminine). Married, two children and no f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Celexa, Keppra, Actos, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Digoxin, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Calcium D - Glucarate, Centrum Silver, Aspirin for a patient with Alzheimers, Sleep Terror, Depression, Seizures, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Reflux Gastritis, Heart Rate Increased, Loss Of Memory, Osteoporosis, Multi-vitamin Maintenance. The patient has
Comments: Mom has taken all these meds a long time. Alzheimers has been progressing with it getting harder to put sentences together, but sometimes it happened easily. Recently she was hospitalized with aggitation, & loud outbursts & much confussion. Namenda, Aricept, Seroquel, & Celexa was discontinued. Abou ...
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Smoking Cessation. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Depression, Psychosis Aggravated
Comments: Dangerous, dangerous drug. For me, anyway. After experiencing erectile dysfunction (you might say overfunction that wasn't socially acceptable) I took it haphazardly and without supervision for six months--trying to retain the quit-nicotine benefits while keeping the erections at bay. A doc would ha ...
More related studies for: Actos, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (26 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)