Home > Actos > Increased appetite > Actos and Increased appetite
Review: could Actos cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
We study 31,006 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Increased appetite >>>
Actos (latest outcomes from 31,343 users) has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) (latest reports from 59,581 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 31,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 183 people (0.59%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Actos when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||45.45%||9.09%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||0.00%||2.40%||8.38%||32.34%||56.29% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Actos ** :
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (55 people, 30.05%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 30.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 4.37%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (99 people, 54.10%)
- Metformin hcl (43 people, 23.50%)
- Amaryl (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glipizide (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glyburide (20 people, 10.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without ...
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
- Hives related to atrial fibrillation
after eating and sometime activity, I get flushed and I start itching in my scalp which progresses to my whole body, then I break out in hives get lightheaded and sometimes nauseated then will eventually pass out if I do not lay down. I have been told I go into Afib. But I have worn a monitor and ...
More questions for: Actos, Increased appetite
More reviews for: Actos, Increased appetite
On eHealthMe, Actos (pioglitazone hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Actos is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Actos used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Actos, Increased appetite
Recent Actos related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Insulin, Actos, Depakote Er for a 51-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Pioglitazone, Rosiglitazone Maleate for a 68-year old man who has Curious
- Comparions of Pioglitazone, Metformin for a 44-year old man who has Harsankari
- Comparions of Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Pioglitazone, Onglyza for a 33-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Pioglitazone, Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Actos, Januvia for a 91-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Glimepiride (Teva) - 2MG, Actos (Takeda Pharms Na) - EQ 30MG BASE, Metformin Hydrochloride (Andrx Pharms) - 1GM, Losartan (Teva Pharms) - 100MG/25MG for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Losartan (Teva Pharms) - 50MG, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride (Actavis Elizabeth) - 5MG;500MG, Actos (Takeda Pharms Na) - EQ 15MG BASE, Colcrys (Mutual Pharma) - 0.6MG, Uloric (Takeda Pharms) - 40MG for a 69-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Primidone (Vintage Pharms) - 250MG, Pioglitazone (Watson Labs) - 45MG for a 34-year old woman who has Diabetic Foot
- Comparions of Metoprolol Tartrate (Mylan) - 100MG, Tricor (Abbott) - 145MG, Actos (Takeda Pharms Na) - EQ 30MG BASE, Nexium (Astrazeneca) - EQ 40MG BASE, Plavix for a 64-year old man who has Bobbins
More related comparison studies for: Actos, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.