Review: could Actos cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Byetta, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 31,012 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Increased appetite >>>
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 31,349 Actos users)
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 9,321 Increased appetite patients)
On Feb, 6, 2015: 31,010 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 183 people (0.59%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Actos when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||45.45%||9.09%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||0.00%||2.40%||8.38%||32.34%||56.29% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Actos ** :
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (55 people, 30.05%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 30.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 4.37%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (99 people, 54.10%)
- Metformin hcl (43 people, 23.50%)
- Amaryl (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glipizide (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glyburide (20 people, 10.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine Hydrochloride And Chlorthalidone, Actos for a 68-year old woman with Blood Pressure Decreased, Diabetes Insipidus. The patient has Red Blood Cells Urine Positive
- A study of side effects of Multivitamin for a 62-year old woman with One-a-day. The patient has Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness), Dizziness, Feeling Jittery
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Rapid Heart Beat, Migraine - Common. The patient has Excessive Hunger
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a 29-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (headache that has characteristics of both a tension headache and a migraine headache), Pain - Back, Food Craving, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a 25-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Trichotillomania (the compulsive urge to pull out (and in some cases, eat) one's own hair leading to noticeable hair loss, distress), Hallucinations, Mixed (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind -mixed), Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Psychosis Aggravated
Recent Actos related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.