Home > Actos > Increased appetite > Actos and Increased appetite
Review: could Actos cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Byetta, and have Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent.
We study 31,007 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Increased appetite >>>
Actos (latest outcomes from 31,345 users) has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in type 2 diabetes.
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) (latest reports from 59,613 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 31,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 183 people (0.59%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Actos when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||45.45%||9.09%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||0.00%||2.40%||8.38%||32.34%||56.29% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Actos ** :
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (55 people, 30.05%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 30.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 4.37%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (99 people, 54.10%)
- Metformin hcl (43 people, 23.50%)
- Amaryl (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glipizide (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glyburide (20 people, 10.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Pinpoint Redspots In Shoulder, Leg, Arms Etc., After 1 Week Of Started Taking Actos, and takes Actos )
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Excessive Hunger, and takes Donepezil)
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Fluoxetine, Lansoprazole, Exforge, Celebrex, Cyanocobalamin, Bystolic, Pioglitazone, Leflunomide, Lansoprazole)
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without ...
More questions for: Actos, Increased appetite
More reviews for: Actos, Increased appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Oxycontin, Adderall, Diazepam, Ambien, Latuda for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Pain - Back, Add, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Sleepy, Chronic Depression. The patient has Hunger
Comments: Have had extreme increase in appetite since beginning drug...6 weeks ago
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Xarelto, Sertraline for a patient with Birth Control, Dvt, Depression. The patient has Impaired Healing, Fatigue - Chronic, Increased Appetite, Recurring Skin Boils
Comments: noticing improvement in symptoms since stopping xarelto and going back on warfarin
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Excessive Hunger
Comments: I am hungry all the time, no matter what I eat I am still hungry. I have gained 50 pounds in the past 6 months and I am always hungry. I do not crave anything just constant hunger pains. If i try to ignore them I get light headed and nauseous.
- A study of drug interactions between Pioglitazone, Lente Insulin, NovoRapid, Omeprazole, Quinine Sulfate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Ramipril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Insulin Resistant Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Acid Reflux, Cramps - Leg, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetic Nephropathy, Diabetic Neuropathy, Enlarged Prostate, Blood Pressure - Aging Changes. The patient has Nasal Mucosal Disorder
Comments: nasal drip and cough
More related studies for: Actos, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.