Review: could Actos cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Byetta, and have Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent.
We study 31,007 people who have side effects while taking Actos from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Actos and have Increased appetite >>>
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Actos 31,346 users)
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Increased appetite 9,228 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 31,007 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos. Among them, 183 people (0.59%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Actos when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||45.45%||9.09%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Actos * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.60%||0.00%||2.40%||8.38%||32.34%||56.29% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Actos ** :
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (55 people, 30.05%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 30.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 15.30%)
- Depression (8 people, 4.37%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (99 people, 54.10%)
- Metformin hcl (43 people, 23.50%)
- Amaryl (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glipizide (24 people, 13.11%)
- Glyburide (20 people, 10.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Actos?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Actos and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Actos
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more than normal; I have definitely started to gain weight. I also have been a lot more tired than usual.
- Is it normal getting pinpoint red spots when taking actos? what is the remedy?
Dear Dr, im TTC, taking Actos, every time when taking im getting red spots which is slightly itching, is it normal, what should i do to get rid of them?
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine? (1 answer)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season allergies. Since starting the medication, however, I have noticed that around an hour afterwards, I started having a great deal of hunger and was drowsy about a half hour after taking the pill.
I just wanted to know. Are these normal side effects people have with this medication or is it just me?
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- My mother was given 4 prescriptions on 06/10/2013 and on the 28th, she passed away, would these have cased her liver and kidneys to shut down?
we had went to er for a fall, where they did diagnostic xray, and she had bruised her butt, admitted due to small amt of fluid, everything seemed to be going downhill, come monday after thursday, liver and kidneys shut down, just two weeks prior, she was prescribed by her physician celebrex without lab work?
More questions for: Actos, Increased appetite
More reviews for: Actos, Increased appetite
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- I am hungry all the time, no matter what I eat I am still hungry. I have gained 50 pounds in the past 6 months and I am always hungry. I do not crave anything just constant hunger pains. If i try to ignore them I get light headed and nauseous.
- I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
- When my father passed away I was prescribed Diazepam which helped with anxiety. I had also lost my appetite and thanks to Diazepam I take 2mg 15 minutes before dinner and can always eat and finish my food. If I stopped taking Diazepam I would probably not be able to eat as much. I've been on Diaze ...
- occasional wrist, hip and thumb pain no pain meds neeeded but after third day on predisone for protacted migraine everyday and continued pain. Pain like that after surgery. Now have very little use of left wrist. Pain in hip now always when I recline.
More related studies for: Actos, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.