Actos and Urination - painful - from FDA reports
Urination - painful is found among people who take Actos, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lantus, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Urination - painful with Actos. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,167 people who have side effects when taking Actos from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
43,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Actos.
Among them, 225 people (0.52%) have Urination - painful
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Actos when people have Urination - painful *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.65 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.28 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.95 %
- 2 - 5 years: 53.49 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.3 %
- 10+ years: 2.33 %
Gender of people who have Urination - painful when taking Actos *:
- female: 43.62 %
- male: 56.38 %
Age of people who have Urination - painful when taking Actos *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.35 %
- 30-39: 1.35 %
- 40-49: 7.43 %
- 50-59: 30.41 %
- 60+: 59.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (20 people, 8.89%)
- Multiple Myeloma (18 people, 8.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 5.78%)
- Pain (12 people, 5.33%)
- Depression (12 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus (48 people, 21.33%)
- Metformin (46 people, 20.44%)
- Glucophage (43 people, 19.11%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 12.44%)
- Lipitor (27 people, 12.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pollakiuria (66 people, 29.33%)
- Back Pain (62 people, 27.56%)
- Appetite - Decreased (54 people, 24.00%)
- Bladder Cancer (50 people, 22.22%)
- Weight Decreased (49 people, 21.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Urination - painful when taking Actos?
- Check symptoms - is urination - painful caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUrination - painful and drugs with ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUrination - painful and Actos from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Actos 43,794 users)
Urination - painful
Urination - painful has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 26,485 Urination - painful patients).
Browse all side effects of Actosa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Urination - painfulUrination - painful
Could your condition cause Urination - painfulUrination - painful
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I had sex and we found out the condom had broke a little too late. We went for a plan b pill and I took it right away. The next day I started feeling an extreme need to urinate but nothing really comes out. Also when I do urinate, it hurts. Is this normal.
I was taking magnesium oxide tablets for chronic constipation. After an onset of painful urination, itchy scalp, which were so severe that I had to go to the ER twice within one week. I have been to a urologist, a gynecologist and a neurologist who diagnosed me with RA. I also have back ...
Am having radical prostatectomy Aug. 5, due to T1c tumor -- 30% of core F (2.5% of total), Glisan score 6 (3+3). I think the cancer may have been caused by my long-term use of pioglitazone to control chronic episodic hypoglycemia (Somogyi episides).