Review: could Acyclovir cause Substance abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: there is no Substance abuse reported by people who take Acyclovir yet.
We study 542 people who have side effects while taking Acyclovir from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Substance abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Acyclovir and have Substance abuse >>>
Acyclovir has active ingredients of acyclovir. It is often used in herpes simplex. (latest outcomes from Acyclovir 1,284 users)
Substance abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Substance abuse 10,555 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Substance Abuse while taking Acyclovir?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Acyclovir
- support group for people who have Substance Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am about to embark on starting roaccutane treatment but worried about the interaction of taking aciclovir with it.
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has 6th Grade Late Acne & Herpes Simplex & Fibromyalgia, and takes Raspberry Ketone, Acyclovir, Accutane)
I am worried about the interaction of the two drugs any advice or shares symptoms MUCH appreciated. Which were the main side effects that have been of particular concern?... There are loads, I know... But if there is a positive end result, I may be able to hand in there through the tough side effect ...
- Can acyclovir cause shortness of breath?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, and takes Acyclovir)
I have tried acyclovir and valtrex 3x now with the same feeling or shortness of breath, My peak flow and sats are fine. I have asthma and allergies
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- Cold sore won't go away...
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Swollen Lip, Pimple Like Bumps, and takes Acyclovir)
First cold sore experience. Thought it was a pimple and squeezed it. Swelled up, blistered, spread below my nose, about 4 or 5 bumps, scab fell off and remained pink and swollen and didn't go away or blistered. gone thru 2 bottles of tea tree oil. finally put bleach on it and that made it burn a ...
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
More questions for: Acyclovir, Substance abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Anyone else experiencing these rare & unbearable side effects from shingles treatment?
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Congenital Varicella Syndrome, Suppressed Immune System Due To Primary Complement Deficiency, Chronic Shingles, and takes Valacyclovir, Valtrex, Acyclovir)
The very day I start treatment I can't stop needing to urinate, can't sleep, and get very shaky and/or have tremors. My BUN/Creatinine levels only become abnormal immediately after I start taking the medication. Nothing helps the insomnia or restlessness.
I've had an active Shingles infection for ...
- Shingles is a terrible experience
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Lesions On L Back And Underarm, and takes Acyclovir)
Wednesday: broke out under arm and on left back. Severe Sharp stabbing pin under arm and thru left breast. Had just had a small cancer removed from right ear and pain was similar, so I thought it might be a cancer so
Friday: went to doctor was told it was Shingles was given Acyclovir. Told to us ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
More reviews for: Acyclovir, Substance abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of side effects of Acyclovir for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Blisters (small pockets of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure), Burn From The Sun
Comments: While taking Acyclovir for 4 days notice my skin was getting red and swollen with rashes all over my neck and chest. Stop the use of the medication but the symptoms got worst and after 2 months off the medication I still get sun rash if expose to the sun for a few minutes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Revlimid, Acyclovir, Crestor for a patient with Osteoporosis, Myeloma - Multiple, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chills
Comments: i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir for a patient with Herpes Zoster. The patient has Tremor, Insomnia, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Comments: The tremors/shakiness are intermittent. It is possible I could have had a constant shingles outbreak for over 7 yrs now due to my severely suppressed immune system. It takes me several weeks to be able to recover from these symptoms once treatment is stopped. However, I'm not sure if there will be i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
More related studies for: Acyclovir, Substance abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.