Review: could Adderall 10 cause Weight gain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 4,244 people who take Adderall 10. Among them, 180 have Weight gain. See who they are, when they have Weight gain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Adderall 10 (latest outcomes from 4,870 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression. Commonly reported side effects of Adderall 10 include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, depression, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Weight gain (latest reports from 506,647 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 4,222 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall 10. Among them, 180 people (4.26%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Adderall 10 when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||44.44%||33.33%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Adderall 10 * :
|Weight gain||55.44%||44.56% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Adderall 10 * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||8.81%||18.24%||10.69%||11.95%||30.82%||13.84%||5.66% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Adderall 10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||62.50%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (49 people, 27.22%)
- Depression (44 people, 24.44%)
- Bipolar disorder (31 people, 17.22%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 7.78%)
- Fibromyalgia (13 people, 7.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (29 people, 16.11%)
- Risperdal (29 people, 16.11%)
- Seroquel (28 people, 15.56%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 13.89%)
- Abilify (22 people, 12.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Adderall 10, Weight gain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Adderall 10 (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall 10 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall 10 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Adderall 10 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Adderall 10 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I've previously been on both Adderall and Phentermine, at different times. I experienced very drastic and noticeable effectiveness. The phentermine helped with weight loss significantly and the Adderall greatly increased my energy levels, self-confidence, elevated mood, and higher concentration and brain activity. I was not on any other medications at the time, though I did need to take melatonin occasionally to help me sleep. Now, I had not been on Adderall or phentermine for about a year, but I was put on Adderall again several months ago. This was about a month after my brother died, so obviously I was experiencing (and still am) grief and depression. I was put on 40mg (twice as much as I used to be on) of Adderall in addition to seroquel XR and Lamictal. I felt like a slug all the time, I felt physically hungrier, and lethargic and apathetic. The adderall did nothing to help these symptoms. I am now on 60mg of Adderall and 37.5mg of Phentermine for weight loss and neither have shown any affectiveness, mentally or physically. My appetite is just as bad, and my brain isn't functioning fast at all. None of the affects of adderall I used to experiences, like increased energy levels, elevated mood, decreased appetite, increased brain activity, and increased self-confidence are present now, and I'm on more adderall than I was on before AND phentermine at the same time!! What's going on?? Both my ADD and weight gain are causing me to become increasingly self-conscious and depressed. Also, it doesn't help that my ridiculous amount of mood stabilizers make me apathetic and detached. I'm under 18 so I'm required to take the medications prescribed to me, but I don't know what to do or why the stimulants aren't effective anymore. HELP!!
From this study (12 months ago):
I have PTSD,Dissociative Disorder,diffuse idiopathic skeletal hypotrophy,arthritis,bone spurs,no physical activity due to ahedonia.Take Vit.D Niacin,Red Yeast Rice,Fish oil,B complex,B12,Milk thistle,chromium picolinate,vit.c.
From this study (2 years ago):
This drug has ruined my life. I am only 26 years old and I am rapidly gaining weight, am going through premature menopause, and cannot have children. All this has happened since I have GONE OFF THE DRUG. Do not take this drug.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
More questions for: Adderall 10, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Adderall 10, Weight gain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr, Phentermine, Sprintec, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Melatonin for a patient with Sleep Aid, Acne, Mood Stabilizer, Weight Loss, Birth Control, Add. The patient has Depersonalisation, Appetite - Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Apathy, Weight Gain - Unintentional (Weight increased), Fatigue, Lethargy (Fatigue), Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Mood Stabilizer (Mood swings), Overweight (Weight loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam, Furosemide, Androderm for a patient with ADHD, Insomnia Depression, Depression/pain, Hypothyroidism, Insomnia Ptsd Anxiety, Ptsd Anxiety Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Transgendered. The patient has Weight Gain (Weight increased), Metabolic Syndrome, Left Upper Abdomen Pain, Ahedonia, Reversed Circadian Rhythem, Vibration Of Muscles In Left Side, Apathy, No Creativity, Pain In Feet And Hands, Tinnitus, Falls Breaking Bones
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-subq Provera 104, Adderall 10 for a patient with Contraception, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Amenorrhoea, Loss Of Weight (Weight loss - unintentional), Weight Gain - Unintentional (Weight increased), Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Diarrhea, Migraine, Irregular Periods, Immune System Disorder Nos, Blood Testosterone Abnormal, Ovarian Cyst (Ovarian cysts), Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Breast Enlargement, Infertility Female, Increased Susceptibility To Infections Nos, Insomnia Exacerbated, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Difficulty In Breathing (Breathing difficulty), Loss Of Libido, Premature Menopause, Narcolepsy, Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Mood Swings, Personality Change, Hair Loss, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Intuniv, Adderall Xr 30, Abilify for a patient with Hypersensitivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depressed Mood. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day (Drowsiness), Weight Gain (Weight increased)
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Adderall Xr 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vyvanse, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizoaffective Disorder, Adhd, Hypothyroidism, Dependence. The patient has Chest Pain, Musculoskeletal Pain, Weight Gain (Weight increased), Hypertension (High blood pressure), Withdrawal Bleed, Dry Eye (Dry eyes)
More related studies for: Adderall 10, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.