Review: could Adderall cause Abdominal cramps (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Abdominal cramps is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 175 have Abdominal cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Abdominal cramps >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,995 Adderall users)
Abdominal cramps has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,069 Abdominal cramps patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 175 people (1.55%) have Abdominal Cramps.
Time on Adderall when people have Abdominal cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal cramps||22.73%||11.36%||6.82%||25.00%||22.73%||9.09%||2.27% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Adderall * :
|Abdominal cramps||74.44%||25.56% |
Age of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Adderall * :
|Abdominal cramps||0.00%||5.71%||33.14%||23.43%||16.00%||10.29%||9.14%||2.29% |
Severity of Abdominal cramps when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal cramps||8.70%||47.83%||39.13%||4.35% |
How people recovered from Abdominal cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal cramps||11.76%||5.88%||82.35% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (55 people, 31.43%)
- Depression (31 people, 17.71%)
- Contraception (25 people, 14.29%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 9.14%)
- Pain (15 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (74 people, 42.29%)
- Adderall 5 (38 people, 21.71%)
- Adderall xr 10 (36 people, 20.57%)
- Yasmin (32 people, 18.29%)
- Yaz (29 people, 16.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and abdominal cramps on
Do you have Abdominal Cramps while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Abdominal Cramps
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Abdominal Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 47-year old woman with Fatigue. The patient has Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a 28-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age)
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 5 for a 52-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Ephedrine, Adderall for a 43-year old woman who has Fat And Weight Lifting
- Comparions of Celebrex, Adderall 30 for a 54-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Suboxone, Adderall Xr 20, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.