Review: could Adderall cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Adderall 20, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 11,319 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Acid reflux >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,972 Adderall users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 23 people (0.20%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Adderall when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||33.33%||19.05%||9.52%||14.29%||14.29%||9.52% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Adderall * :
|Acid reflux||86.96%||13.04% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Adderall * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||4.35%||4.35%||21.74%||30.43%||26.09%||8.70%||4.35% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||5.26%||47.37%||36.84%||10.53% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Adhd (11 people, 47.83%)
- Anxiety disorder (6 people, 26.09%)
- Acid reflux (4 people, 17.39%)
- Add (4 people, 17.39%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 20 (9 people, 39.13%)
- Adderall 30 (4 people, 17.39%)
- Xanax (4 people, 17.39%)
- Ranitidine (4 people, 17.39%)
- Adderall xr 30 (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.