Review: could Adderall cause Chest tightness or pressure (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest tightness or pressure is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 372 have Chest tightness or pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest tightness or pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Chest tightness or pressure >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,995 Adderall users)
Chest tightness or pressure
Chest tightness or pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,773 Chest tightness or pressure patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 372 people (3.29%) have Chest Tightness Or Pressure.
Time on Adderall when people have Chest tightness or pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest tightness or pressure||20.51%||19.23%||12.82%||15.38%||19.23%||12.82%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Adderall * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||64.07%||35.93% |
Age of people who have Chest tightness or pressure when taking Adderall * :
|Chest tightness or pressure||0.00%||4.31%||21.29%||14.82%||16.71%||21.83%||20.22%||0.81% |
Severity of Chest tightness or pressure when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest tightness or pressure||6.25%||66.67%||25.00%||2.08% |
How people recovered from Chest tightness or pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest tightness or pressure||11.11%||7.41%||81.48% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (104 people, 27.96%)
- Depression (61 people, 16.40%)
- Sleep disorder (37 people, 9.95%)
- Contraception (28 people, 7.53%)
- Multiple sclerosis (26 people, 6.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (209 people, 56.18%)
- Adderall 5 (77 people, 20.70%)
- Lexapro (63 people, 16.94%)
- Effexor (59 people, 15.86%)
- Adderall xr 10 (59 people, 15.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Chest Tightness Or Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a 28-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age)
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 5 for a 52-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.