Review: could Adderall cause Diarrhea?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,461 people who take Adderall. Among them, 240 have Diarrhea. See who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,287 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, narcolepsy. Commonly reported side effects of Adderall include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, depression, depression aggravated, nausea.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,081,300 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, acupuncture and pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 10,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 192 people (1.91%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Adderall when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Adderall * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Adderall * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (52 people, 27.08%)
- Depression (34 people, 17.71%)
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 8.85%)
- Pain (16 people, 8.33%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 7.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (99 people, 51.56%)
- Adderall 5 (39 people, 20.31%)
- Prilosec (37 people, 19.27%)
- Cymbalta (35 people, 18.23%)
- Prevacid (33 people, 17.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Adderall, Diarrhea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Adderall side effects from A to Z:
Browse Adderall drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Had pneumonia. Was given 6 sample pills of antibiotics (heavy duty) but don't know name. Recovered from pneumonia I thought but a week to two week later went on a trip and had severe diarrhea, bloating, throwing up, now constipated and then spotted (having period with cramps but had an ablation so not bleeding. I look 6 months pregnant. Now constipated severely bloated, fullness, severely fatigued, yuk! I'm back home and after 7 days of this, I still feel no better.
From this study (10 months ago):
nausea and vomiting upon eating in the morning after taking first dose of adderall (20 mg), propranolol and prilosec and ALWAYS following consumption of small amount of food. sometimes subsides throughout day, depending on what I eat and when.
nausea vomiting - almost daily since increase in stress and anxiety, accompanied by increased occurrence of panic attacks.
From this study (2 years ago):
This drug has ruined my life. I am only 26 years old and I am rapidly gaining weight, am going through premature menopause, and cannot have children. All this has happened since I have GONE OFF THE DRUG. Do not take this drug.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Adderall, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Adderall, Diarrhea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Lexapro, Levoxyl for a patient with ADHD, Depression, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Lower Abdominal Pain (Groin pain), Constipation, Diarrhea, Abdominal Bloating, Pneumonia
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Clonazepam, Flexeril, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Adderall for a patient with Acid Reflux, Anxiety, Degenerative Joint Disease, Heart Rate Abnormal, Adhd. The patient has Nausea In The Morning - Females (Morning sickness), Sweating Increased, Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety And Stress (Stress and anxiety), Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-subq Provera 104, Adderall 10 for a patient with Contraception, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Amenorrhoea, Loss Of Weight (Weight loss - unintentional), Weight Gain - Unintentional (Weight increased), Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Diarrhea, Migraine, Irregular Periods, Immune System Disorder Nos, Blood Testosterone Abnormal, Ovarian Cyst (Ovarian cysts), Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Breast Enlargement, Infertility Female, Increased Susceptibility To Infections Nos, Insomnia Exacerbated, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Difficulty In Breathing (Breathing difficulty), Loss Of Libido, Premature Menopause, Narcolepsy, Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Mood Swings, Personality Change, Hair Loss, Vaginal Discharge
More related studies for: Adderall, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.