Review: could Adderall cause Dry skin?
Summary: Dry skin is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Acne.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Dry skin. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry skin and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Dry skin >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 17,024 Adderall users)
Dry skin has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 15,331 Dry skin patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 11,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 54 people (0.48%) have Dry Skin.
Time on Adderall when people have Dry skin * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry skin||11.11%||11.11%||11.11%||55.56%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry skin when taking Adderall * :
|Dry skin||42.59%||57.41% |
Age of people who have Dry skin when taking Adderall * :
|Dry skin||0.00%||1.89%||33.96%||24.53%||9.43%||18.87%||7.55%||3.77% |
Severity of Dry skin when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry skin||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry skin ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry skin||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (26 people, 48.15%)
- Asthma (11 people, 20.37%)
- Depression (7 people, 12.96%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (4 people, 7.41%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (33 people, 61.11%)
- Accutane (31 people, 57.41%)
- Ritalin (25 people, 46.30%)
- Methylphenidate hcl (15 people, 27.78%)
- Dextrostat (15 people, 27.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and dry skin on
Do you have Dry Skin while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Dry Skin
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Dry Skin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a 51-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of side effects of Adderall 10 for a 56-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Malabsorption
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall, Vyvanse for a 40-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Adderall 20, Tri-previfem for a 23-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Adderall, Intuniv, Concerta for a 36-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.