Review: could Adderall cause Gastroparesis?
Summary: Gastroparesis is reported only by a few people who take Adderall.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastroparesis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Gastroparesis >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 17,024 Adderall users)
Gastroparesis (delayed emptying of food from the stomach) has been reported by people with depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, migraine. (latest reports from 240 Gastroparesis patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 11,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Gastroparesis.
Time on Adderall when people have Gastroparesis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gastroparesis when taking Adderall * :
Age of people who have Gastroparesis when taking Adderall * :
Severity of Gastroparesis when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gastroparesis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Spasm of the esophagus (1 people, 100.00%)
- Multiple allergies (1 people, 100.00%)
- Asthma (1 people, 100.00%)
- Add (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diltiazem hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Methadone hydrochloride (1 people, 100.00%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 100.00%)
- Loratadine (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and gastroparesis on
Do you have Gastroparesis while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Gastroparesis
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Gastroparesis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Concerta, Adderall Xr 15 for a 43-year old man who has ADD
- Comparions of Adderall, Vyvanse for a 40-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Adderall 20, Tri-previfem for a 23-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.