Review: could Adderall cause Heart rate increased?
Summary: Heart rate increased is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Heart rate increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart rate increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Heart rate increased >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,995 Adderall users)
Heart rate increased
Heart rate increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,708 Heart rate increased patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 193 people (1.71%) have Heart Rate Increased.
Time on Adderall when people have Heart rate increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart rate increased||28.57%||9.09%||16.88%||11.69%||24.68%||6.49%||2.60% |
Gender of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Adderall * :
|Heart rate increased||46.58%||53.42% |
Age of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Adderall * :
|Heart rate increased||0.51%||11.28%||34.87%||17.95%||10.26%||20.00%||2.56%||2.56% |
Severity of Heart rate increased when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart rate increased||8.82%||52.94%||29.41%||8.82% |
How people recovered from Heart rate increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart rate increased||30.77%||0.00%||69.23% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (91 people, 47.15%)
- Depression (33 people, 17.10%)
- Adhd (14 people, 7.25%)
- Add (13 people, 6.74%)
- Staphylococcal infection (12 people, 6.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (102 people, 52.85%)
- Adderall xr 10 (38 people, 19.69%)
- Strattera (30 people, 15.54%)
- Klonopin (26 people, 13.47%)
- Zoloft (20 people, 10.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and heart rate increased on
Do you have Heart Rate Increased while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Heart Rate Increased
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Heart Rate Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide for a 21-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 47-year old woman with Fatigue. The patient has Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a 28-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age)
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 5 for a 52-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Adderall Xr 30 for a 24-year old man who has ADHD And Insomnia
- Comparions of Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Nexplanon, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Pristiq, Topamax, Adderall 30, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman who has Addiction
- Comparions of Ephedrine, Adderall for a 43-year old woman who has Fat And Weight Lifting
- Comparions of Celebrex, Adderall 30 for a 54-year old woman who has ADD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.