Home > Adderall > High blood sugar > Adderall and High blood sugar
Review: could Adderall cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 11,151 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Adderall and have High blood sugar >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,807 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 144,585 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 11,151 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 36 people (0.32%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Adderall when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||84.62%||7.69%||7.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Adderall * :
|High blood sugar||37.78%||62.22% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Adderall * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||10.00%||60.00%||7.50%||5.00%||7.50%||5.00%||5.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (16 people, 44.44%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (16 people, 44.44%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (9 people, 25.00%)
- Agitation (9 people, 25.00%)
- Autism spectrum disorder (9 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (30 people, 83.33%)
- Adderall 10 (25 people, 69.44%)
- Risperdal (24 people, 66.67%)
- Abilify (17 people, 47.22%)
- Prozac (16 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Adderall and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone tried speed amphetamine with hidrenitis suppurativa?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and takes Amphetamine Salt Combo, Amphetamine Sulfate)
I have suffered with hs since 2006 with upto 15 abcesses and boils under each arm pit at any one time more so in summer. Early this year i ttied taking speed amphetamine for weight loss as I was having no joy as much as I was trying. Due to me being antidrugs I was reluctant to tske it so kept to a ...
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- I fell into a dought hole now i can not aford my medicne
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Hepatitis C, and takes Amphetamine Salt Combo)
I HAD TO DROP ONE INS. FOR ANOTHER BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD THE BLUE CROSS AND MED-CARE I WAS PAYING $704 MONTH AND I'M DISABLE ,BUT WE TRYED TO DO THIS BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME I HAD MED-CARE I FELL INTO THE HOLE AND IM STILL PAYING FOR THAT MESS OF $9000 ON A CREDIT CARD. I FOUND THIS NEW INS. TRA ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Adderall Xr 30, Effexor)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
More questions for: Adderall, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Cardiomyopathy, Cardiac Arrest, and takes Adderall Xr 20)
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Depression, and takes Adderall, Cymbalta, Zyprexa)
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
- Synthroid (generic-levothyroxine) lymphocyte increase
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, ADHD, Migraine, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Butalbital, Acetaminophen, And Caffeine With Codeine Phosphate)
Take generic adderall 10mg (amphetamine salt) daily for ADHD and just started on levothyroxine only therapy about 1 week ago. I take generic fioricet w/cod for migraines as needed, usually twice a month for migraines that linger.
Took my levothyroxine and amphetamine about noon, had slept in becaus ...
More reviews for: Adderall, High blood sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Amphetamine Salt Combo for a patient with Pain In Limb, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Very aroused and think about sex but can't stay hard
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Adderall, Xanax, Luvox, Effexor for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Dactylitis
Comments: Aches all over
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a patient with ADD. The patient has Eosinophils
Comments: What is the percentage or count that eosiniphils could increase while taking Adderall 20 for my ADD.
Thanks much for any information you can provide me.
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a patient with 20mg. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: rosacea worse after adderall wears off
More related studies for: Adderall, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- Albuterol Sulfate
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide
- Red Face and Levothyroxine Sodium
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (3 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (14 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (19 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (19 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)