Adderall and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Adderall. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,329 people who have side effects when taking Adderall from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
22,329 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall.
Among them, 42 people (0.19%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Adderall when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Adderall *:
- female: 48.78 %
- male: 51.22 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Adderall *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.82 %
- 10-19: 41.18 %
- 20-29: 5.88 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 23.53 %
- 50-59: 8.82 %
- 60+: 5.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (12 people, 28.57%)
- Agitation (8 people, 19.05%)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (7 people, 16.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 9.52%)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (4 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (25 people, 59.52%)
- Risperdal (16 people, 38.10%)
- Zyprexa (13 people, 30.95%)
- Prozac (13 people, 30.95%)
- Abilify (13 people, 30.95%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetes (10 people, 23.81%)
- Convulsion (9 people, 21.43%)
- Weight Increased (7 people, 16.67%)
- Hyperhidrosis (7 people, 16.67%)
- Drowsiness (7 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Adderall?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Adderall from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Adderall 32,746 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,999 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Adderalla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
I have been taking this drug for about a month. I am only on 5mg per day. I just started having nausea all day long. I see that nausea is a common side effect- but wondering if it can start after a month of taking it. :)
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate