Review: could Adderall cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Depression.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 297 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Memory loss >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 17,024 Adderall users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Memory loss patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 11,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 297 people (2.62%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Adderall when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||5.56%||20.37%||17.59%||17.59%||25.00%||11.11%||2.78% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Adderall * :
|Memory loss||73.27%||26.73% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Adderall * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||2.90%||9.78%||18.48%||21.01%||24.28%||17.75%||5.80% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||11.11%||51.85%||33.33%||3.70% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||2.27%||2.27%||95.45% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (76 people, 25.59%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (71 people, 23.91%)
- Insomnia (40 people, 13.47%)
- Bipolar disorder (30 people, 10.10%)
- Adhd (28 people, 9.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (133 people, 44.78%)
- Adderall 5 (53 people, 17.85%)
- Ambien (51 people, 17.17%)
- Xanax (37 people, 12.46%)
- Wellbutrin (36 people, 12.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of side effects of Adderall 10 for a 56-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Malabsorption
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Adderall, Intuniv, Concerta for a 36-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Concerta, Intuniv, Strattera, Vyvanse, Adderall for a 19-year old boy who has Inattentive
- Comparions of Adderall 20, Narcan for a 38-year old woman who has Kif
- Comparions of Adderall for a 49-year old woman who has Contraction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.