Review: could Adderall cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 222 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Mood swings >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,995 Adderall users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 24,776 Mood swings patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 11,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 222 people (1.96%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Adderall when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||17.91%||20.90%||13.43%||17.91%||20.90%||5.97%||2.99% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Adderall * :
|Mood swings||50.22%||49.78% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Adderall * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||8.92%||31.92%||19.72%||14.08%||12.68%||11.27%||1.41% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||5.00%||50.00%||37.50%||7.50% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mood swings||0.00%||11.76%||88.24% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (96 people, 43.24%)
- Depression (47 people, 21.17%)
- Bipolar disorder (22 people, 9.91%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (22 people, 9.91%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 9.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (105 people, 47.30%)
- Strattera (40 people, 18.02%)
- Adderall xr 10 (38 people, 17.12%)
- Adderall 5 (28 people, 12.61%)
- Chantix (26 people, 11.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and mood swings on
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Levothyroxine Sodium, Adderall Xr 30 for a 40-year old woman with Depression, Hypothyroidism, Add. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.