Review: could Adderall cause Personality change?
We study 11,151 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 41 have Personality change. Find out below who they are, when they have Personality change and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Adderall and have Personality change >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,756 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Personality change (latest reports from 22,422 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 11,151 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 41 people (0.37%) have Personality Change.
Time on Adderall when people have Personality change * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Personality change||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||8.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Personality change when taking Adderall * :
|Personality change||63.41%||36.59% |
Age of people who have Personality change when taking Adderall * :
|Personality change||0.00%||5.88%||35.29%||17.65%||14.71%||14.71%||8.82%||2.94% |
Severity of Personality change when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Personality change||0.00%||50.00%||37.50%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Personality change ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Personality change||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (12 people, 29.27%)
- Depression (11 people, 26.83%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 9.76%)
- Aggression (4 people, 9.76%)
- Adhd (4 people, 9.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (21 people, 51.22%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 14.63%)
- Ambien (5 people, 12.20%)
- Paxil (5 people, 12.20%)
- Paxil cr (4 people, 9.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Personality Change while taking Adderall?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Personality Change
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Personality Change
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I fell into a dought hole now i can not aford my medicne
I HAD TO DROP ONE INS. FOR ANOTHER BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD THE BLUE CROSS AND MED-CARE I WAS PAYING $704 MONTH AND I'M DISABLE ,BUT WE TRYED TO DO THIS BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME I HAD MED-CARE I FELL INTO THE HOLE AND IM STILL PAYING FOR THAT MESS OF $9000 ON A CREDIT CARD. I FOUND THIS NEW INS. TRA ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
More questions for: Adderall, Personality change
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
More reviews for: Adderall, Personality change
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Levothyroxine Sodium, Adderall 30, Effexor Xr for a patient with ADHD, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Nightmares, Personality Change, Impulsive Behaviour
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-subq Provera 104, Adderall 10 for a patient with Contraception, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Amenorrhoea, Loss Of Weight, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Diarrhea, Migraine, Irregular Periods, Immune System Disorder Nos, Blood Testosterone Abnormal, Ovarian Cyst, Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Breast Enlargement, Infertility Female, Increased Susceptibility To Infections Nos, Insomnia Exacerbated, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Difficulty In Breathing, Loss Of Libido, Premature Menopause, Narcolepsy, Lack Of Concentration, Mood Swings, Personality Change, Hair Loss, Vaginal Discharge
More related studies for: Adderall, Personality change
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Adderall, Personality change
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.