Review: could Adderall cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Depression.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 16,995 Adderall users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,651 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 11,319 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 23 people (0.20%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Adderall when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||38.46%||30.77%||15.38% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (8 people, 34.78%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (6 people, 26.09%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 21.74%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 17.39%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 17.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (11 people, 47.83%)
- Adderall 5 (8 people, 34.78%)
- Zoloft (7 people, 30.43%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 26.09%)
- Effexor (6 people, 26.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 32-year old woman with ADD, Drug Addiction. The patient has Loss Of Smell, Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Levothyroxine Sodium, Adderall Xr 30 for a 40-year old woman with Depression, Hypothyroidism, Add. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.