Review: could Adderall cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Adderall, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Depression.
We study 11,350 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Adderall and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Adderall has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from 17,024 Adderall users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,694 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 11,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 24 people (0.21%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Adderall when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||75.86%||24.14% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||28.57%||14.29% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Adderall ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (8 people, 33.33%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (6 people, 25.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 20.83%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 16.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (11 people, 45.83%)
- Adderall 5 (8 people, 33.33%)
- Zoloft (7 people, 29.17%)
- Effexor (6 people, 25.00%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of adderall and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Adderall?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of side effects of Adderall 10 for a 56-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Malabsorption
- A study of side effects of Adderall Xr 30 for a 27-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
Recent Adderall related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall, Vyvanse for a 40-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Adderall 20, Tri-previfem for a 23-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Adderall, Intuniv, Concerta for a 36-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.