Review: could Adderall cause Sudden death?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 25, 2014)
Severity ratings: 4.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,461 people who take Adderall. Among them, 71 have Sudden death. See who they are, when they have Sudden death and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,287 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, narcolepsy. Commonly reported side effects of Adderall include fatigue, fatigue aggravated, depression, depression aggravated, nausea.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 10,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 71 people (0.70%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Adderall when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||4.76%||28.57%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||9.52%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||24.10%||75.90% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||0.00%||0.00%||39.06%||15.62%||25.00%||9.38%||4.69%||6.25% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (42 people, 59.15%)
- Aggression (13 people, 18.31%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 12.68%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (8 people, 11.27%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 11.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (58 people, 81.69%)
- Seroquel (29 people, 40.85%)
- Risperdal (28 people, 39.44%)
- Effexor (22 people, 30.99%)
- Abilify (20 people, 28.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Adderall, Sudden death
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Adderall side effects from A to Z:
Browse Adderall drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
* Didn't start gaining weight until aftwer taking geodon for 2 yearas, however after 6 years on geodon I drastically lowered my dose without ANY weight loss. Also, the apetite lowering effects of the adderall and vyvanse have completely dissapeared after taking them for 2 years at very high doses (prescribed). Also, the Adderall XR lost a sgnificant part of its effectiveness after 7 years. The plus side to that is that it no longer causes nervousness/anxiety as a side effect. I am most concerned with my chest pain. Only noticed it this past year. Year 7 of Geodon and adderal. Seems worse if I take imediate release adderal. because the IR adderal often also causes my stomach pain I'm not sure if the pain is coming fronm my heart, lung or if it is acid reflux? But it is VERY WORRISOME!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Can u use albuterol intravenously like i do adderall
i ran out of adderall,i want to use albuterol instead in my cocktail of oxycodone ir and xanax,will it feel anything close to adderal or rittlin??
- Does addreall cause joint pain
I have been taking Adderall for two years. I have developed severe elbow pain in my right arm. This is the arm I use to write with. I have had a X-rays and an MRI done to try and find the source of the pain. The doctors cannot find any reason I should be having pain.
More questions for: Adderall, Sudden death
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Adderall, Sudden death
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Adderall Xr 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vyvanse, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizoaffective Disorder, Adhd, Hypothyroidism, Dependence. The patient has Chest Pain, Musculoskeletal Pain, Weight Gain (Weight increased), Hypertension (High blood pressure), Withdrawal Bleed, Dry Eye (Dry eyes)
More related studies for: Adderall, Sudden death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.