Related topic: Adderall, Sudden death
Review: could Adderall cause Sudden death?
Summary: Sudden death could be caused by Adderall, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take Adderall 10, and have Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We study 10,841 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 77 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can find the answer by studying 348 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start now >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,396 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Apr, 11, 2014: 10,566 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 77 people (0.73%) have Sudden Death. They amount to 0.01% of all the 532,147 people who have Sudden Death on eHealthMe.
Time on Adderall when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||4.35%||26.09%||0.00%||47.83%||13.04%||8.70%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||24.72%||75.28% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||0.00%||0.00%||35.71%||20.00%||22.86%||8.57%||7.14%||5.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (43 people, 55.84%)
- Aggression (13 people, 16.88%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 11.69%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 10.39%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (8 people, 10.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (58 people, 75.32%)
- Risperdal (29 people, 37.66%)
- Seroquel (29 people, 37.66%)
- Effexor (22 people, 28.57%)
- Prozac (20 people, 25.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
* Didn't start gaining weight until aftwer taking geodon for 2 yearas, however after 6 years on geodon I drastically lowered my dose without ANY weight loss. Also, the apetite lowering effects of the adderall and vyvanse have completely dissapeared after taking them for 2 years at very high doses (prescribed). Also, the Adderall XR lost a sgnificant part of its effectiveness after 7 years. The plus side to that is that it no longer causes nervousness/anxiety as a side effect. I am most concerned with my chest pain. Only noticed it this past year. Year 7 of Geodon and adderal. Seems worse if I take imediate release adderal. because the IR adderal often also causes my stomach pain I'm not sure if the pain is coming fronm my heart, lung or if it is acid reflux? But it is VERY WORRISOME!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Adderall, Sudden death
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
- Cardiac arest & adderall 20xr
38 year old mother of four, non smoking, no drugs, 5'6" 135 pounds, active healthy lifestyle, Family History of heart disease, only medications taken we Adderall XR 20 1 time per day from 2007-2009. I w0uld love to take part of any study to find out if the Adderall has any relation to the cardiac ar ...
- Olanzepine withdrawal
Has been taking Zyprexa 2.5-5mg daily for 10 yrs.Developed metabolic syndrome and subsequently diabetes after 3 years on zyprexa.Has since tried multiple times but unsuccessfully to discontinue zyprexa.Apparent withdrawal sxs include severely depressed moods ,inability to get out of bed,severe weakn ...
More reviews for: Adderall, Sudden death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.