Home > Adderall > Sudden death > Adderall and Sudden death
Review: could Adderall cause Sudden death (Death)?
We study 11,103 people who have side effects while taking Adderall from FDA and social media. Among them, 77 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Adderall and have Sudden death >>>
Adderall (latest outcomes from 16,721 users) has active ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Sudden death (latest reports from 540,292 patients)
On Sep, 15, 2014: 11,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Adderall. Among them, 77 people (0.70%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Adderall when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||4.35%||26.09%||0.00%||47.83%||13.04%||8.70%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||24.72%||75.28% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Adderall * :
|Sudden death||0.00%||0.00%||35.71%||20.00%||22.86%||8.57%||7.14%||5.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (43 people, 55.84%)
- Aggression (13 people, 16.88%)
- Bipolar disorder (9 people, 11.69%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 10.39%)
- Oppositional defiant disorder (8 people, 10.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 10 (58 people, 75.32%)
- Risperdal (29 people, 37.66%)
- Seroquel (29 people, 37.66%)
- Effexor (22 people, 28.57%)
- Prozac (20 people, 25.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Adderall?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Adderall and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Adderall
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
* Didn't start gaining weight until aftwer taking geodon for 2 yearas, however after 6 years on geodon I drastically lowered my dose without ANY weight loss. Also, the apetite lowering effects of the adderall and vyvanse have completely dissapeared after taking them for 2 years at very high doses (prescribed). Also, the Adderall XR lost a sgnificant part of its effectiveness after 7 years. The plus side to that is that it no longer causes nervousness/anxiety as a side effect. I am most concerned with my chest pain. Only noticed it this past year. Year 7 of Geodon and adderal. Seems worse if I take imediate release adderal. because the IR adderal often also causes my stomach pain I'm not sure if the pain is coming fronm my heart, lung or if it is acid reflux? But it is VERY WORRISOME!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I fell into a dought hole now i can not aford my medicne
I HAD TO DROP ONE INS. FOR ANOTHER BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD THE BLUE CROSS AND MED-CARE I WAS PAYING $704 MONTH AND I'M DISABLE ,BUT WE TRYED TO DO THIS BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME I HAD MED-CARE I FELL INTO THE HOLE AND IM STILL PAYING FOR THAT MESS OF $9000 ON A CREDIT CARD. I FOUND THIS NEW INS. TRA ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
More questions for: Adderall, Sudden death
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Adderall, Sudden death
On eHealthMe, Adderall (amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate) is often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions Adderall is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Adderall used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.