Review: could Adipex-p cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Adipex-p, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 1,388 people who have side effects while taking Adipex-p from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Adipex-p and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Adipex-p has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight abnormal. (latest outcomes from Adipex-p 1,878 users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Sweating - excessive 42,617 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,388 people reported to have side effects when taking Adipex-p. Among them, 25 people (1.80%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Adipex-p when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Adipex-p * :
|Sweating - excessive||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Adipex-p * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||17.24%||27.59%||17.24%||0.00%||34.48% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Adipex-p ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (25 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.00%)
- Pain exacerbated (3 people, 12.00%)
- Weight loss (2 people, 8.00%)
- Under active thyroid (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (25 people, 100.00%)
- Xanax (20 people, 80.00%)
- Vioxx (19 people, 76.00%)
- Valium (19 people, 76.00%)
- Roxicodone (16 people, 64.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Adipex-p?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Adipex-p and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Adipex-p
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Adipex-p, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. At 9 months I had my first ultrasound where you can clearly see our baby's skull was not closed. The on/gyne who took the ultrasound did not diagnose the anencephaly or alert us, instead he referred us to the maternal fetal department at our local hospital. A month later I had another ultrasound performed at the maternal fetal department and was immediately informed and shown that our baby has anencephaly and an abortion was required. The only medication I took prior to pregnancy was phentermine prescribed by my primary care provider. I believe the phentermine is chemically composed similar to Adderral and should have the same warnings. I also believe phentermine causes a mother to be anemic and unable to provide a baby en utero the necessary nutrition for healthy growth. Had I been informed of the risk, I would never have taken this medication. Our baby died at 14 weeks after we were forced through the anguish and torturous of a late term abortion which is against our beliefs. I am now pregnant again, this time with a healthy baby.
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Savella & synthroid hell! (3 responses)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I must bring a towel with me... it overwhelms me! I hate this!!
More reviews for: Adipex-p, Sweating - excessive
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been taking this medication prescribed by my doctor and I noticed after 2 weeks I am having mood swings... yelling at my family for no reason which is not normal for me. Short tempered and just impatient in general.
- I sweat within 1/2 hour of taking the medication. If I take the prescribed dose and even if I take extra for breakthrough pain, the same symptoms happen. Some days are worse than others. I am opiate tolerant and have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years.
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
More related studies for: Adipex-p, Sweating - excessive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.