Review: could Advair diskus 100/50 cause Enlarged prostate?
Summary: Enlarged prostate is found among people who take Advair diskus 100/50, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 39,313 people who have side effects while taking Advair diskus 100/50 from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Enlarged prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Enlarged prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50 and have Enlarged prostate >>>
Advair diskus 100/50
Advair diskus 100/50 has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Advair diskus 100/50 39,523 users)
Enlarged prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Enlarged prostate 15,844 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 39,312 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair diskus 100/50. Among them, 96 people (0.24%) have Enlarged Prostate.
Time on Advair diskus 100/50 when people have Enlarged prostate * :
Gender of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Advair diskus 100/50 * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Enlarged prostate when taking Advair diskus 100/50 * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||36.05%||63.95% |
Severity of Enlarged prostate when taking Advair diskus 100/50 ** :
How people recovered from Enlarged prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (30 people, 31.25%)
- Nausea (24 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (20 people, 20.83%)
- Oral pain (18 people, 18.75%)
- Oedema (18 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (61 people, 63.54%)
- Aspirin (53 people, 55.21%)
- Spiriva (52 people, 54.17%)
- Prednisone (52 people, 54.17%)
- Coumadin (48 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Enlarged Prostate while taking Advair Diskus 100/50?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50 and have Enlarged Prostate
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50
- support group for people who have Enlarged Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is pregabalin aggravate the symptoms of bph?
I am having BPH. for foot pain doctor prescribes Pregabalin. that night the symptoms of BPH worsens. Is it due to Pregabalin? pl.write.
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the prostate issue.
More questions for: Advair diskus 100/50, Enlarged prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking the amlodipine my PSA levels rose.
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK as much as it did on finesteride. Since then I take my usual 2 mg hytrin each morning and my 10 mg Singulair at night and the combo has all but done away with my prostatic hyperplasia. NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS MIT ON.
- Enlarged prostate psa dropped from 4.0 to 3.0
My PSA dropped from 4.0 to 3.0 after 1) reducing my intake of bread and bread products. 2) taking ginger root in the form of crystalized ginger 3) making my own bread. The flour i used was from fresh ground wheat berries.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen I gained 29 pounds in two days. My doctor put me on lasix and potassium for several weeks. I quit using the spiriva when my other doctor asked if I was on any new meds. Spiriva was the only new medicine. When I stopped using it the swelling went away.
- Effects of eliminating folic acid
After my doctor recommended I be treated for an enlarged prostate I began to cut out all bread & cereal and replace it with home made bread made with a bread machine. I purchased a wheat grinder and wheat berries and grind my own flour. The result is not only my prostate problems are much better but after eating bread made with freshly ground flour I feel better and eat much less for lunch & dinner.
More reviews for: Advair diskus 100/50, Enlarged prostate
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
- I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it ubt it hurts a bit.
More related studies for: Advair diskus 100/50, Enlarged prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.