Review: could Advair diskus 100/50 cause Postnasal drip (Nasal discharge)?
Summary: Postnasal drip is found among people who take Advair diskus 100/50, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Albuterol, and have Asthma.
We study 39,315 people who have side effects while taking Advair diskus 100/50 from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Postnasal drip. Find out below who they are, when they have Postnasal drip and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50 and have Postnasal drip >>>
Advair diskus 100/50
Advair diskus 100/50 has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 39,525 Advair diskus 100/50 users)
Postnasal drip (discharge from nose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma. (latest reports from 1,923 Postnasal drip patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 39,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair diskus 100/50. Among them, 39 people (0.10%) have Postnasal Drip.
Time on Advair diskus 100/50 when people have Postnasal drip * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postnasal drip||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Advair diskus 100/50 * :
|Postnasal drip||77.50%||22.50% |
Age of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Advair diskus 100/50 * :
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||0.00%||3.45%||34.48%||58.62% |
Severity of Postnasal drip when taking Advair diskus 100/50 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Postnasal drip ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (16 people, 41.03%)
- Bone density abnormal (4 people, 10.26%)
- Dyspnoea (4 people, 10.26%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (12 people, 30.77%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 23.08%)
- Prilosec (9 people, 23.08%)
- Lasix (8 people, 20.51%)
- Allegra (7 people, 17.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Postnasal Drip while taking Advair Diskus 100/50?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50 and have Postnasal Drip
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 100/50
- support group for people who have Postnasal Drip
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Garlic, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 50-year old woman with Lumps In The Breasts, Health. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Tricor, Toprol-xl, Synthroid, Paxil, Nateglinide, Lovaza, Lotrel, Kombiglyze Xr, Edarbyclor, Cycloset, Crestor, Aspirin for a 57-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Diarrhea, Runny Nose
Recent Advair diskus 100/50 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.