Review: could Advair diskus 250/50 cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Advair diskus 250/50, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Chronic obstructive airways disease.
We study 1,923 people who have side effects while taking Advair diskus 250/50 from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50 and have Muscle cramps >>>
Advair diskus 250/50
Advair diskus 250/50 has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 2,310 Advair diskus 250/50 users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,830 Muscle cramps patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 1,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair diskus 250/50. Among them, 25 people (1.30%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Advair diskus 250/50 when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||12.00%||60.00%||12.00%||0.00%||8.00%||4.00%||4.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||92.68%||7.32% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||2.78%||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||55.56%||13.89%||25.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (13 people, 52.00%)
- Asthma (10 people, 40.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 8.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 8.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (12 people, 48.00%)
- Singulair (5 people, 20.00%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 20.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 12.00%)
- Lasix (3 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of advair diskus 250/50 and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Advair Diskus 250/50?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50 and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Spiriva for a 67-year old man with COPD. The patient has Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Asthma. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Ventolin Hfa, Nexium, Advair Diskus 250/50, Nicoderm Cq, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Butrans for a 52-year old man with Bone Lesion, Copd, Acid Reflux, Stop Smoking, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Leg Swelling, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Leg Swelling, Groin Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Depression, Hypertension, Morbid Obesity, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Copd
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a 65-year old woman with PTSD. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Vision - Light Sensitive (extreme sensitivity to light), Headache - Migraine With Aura (silent migraine), Sweating Increased (excess sweating), Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction), Diarrhea, Feeling Hot And Cold, Confusion, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Nausea And Vomiting, Brain Bleeding (stroke caused by the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain)
- A study of side effects of Advair Diskus 500/50 for a 82-year old man with Asbestosis. The patient has Asbestosis (chronic lung disease caused by scarring of lung tissue, which stems from prolonged exposure to asbestos)
Recent Advair diskus 250/50 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.