Review: could Advair diskus 250/50 cause Muscle cramps?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 24, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,798 people who take Advair diskus 250/50. Among them, 24 have Muscle cramps. See who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Advair diskus 250/50
Advair diskus 250/50 (latest outcomes from 2,244 users) has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Commonly reported side effects of Advair diskus 250/50 include dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, asthma aggravated, asthma, chest pain.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 49,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 1,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair diskus 250/50. Among them, 24 people (1.35%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Advair diskus 250/50 when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||12.50%||62.50%||12.50%||0.00%||8.33%||4.17%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||92.50%||7.50% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||2.86%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||57.14%||14.29%||22.86% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (13 people, 54.17%)
- Asthma (10 people, 41.67%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 8.33%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 8.33%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (12 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 20.83%)
- Singulair (5 people, 20.83%)
- Lasix (3 people, 12.50%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Advair Diskus 250/50 (fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Advair Diskus 250/50 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Advair Diskus 250/50 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Advair diskus 250/50 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Advair diskus 250/50 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (2 years ago):
Severe cramps in hands, calfs, and feet
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Advair could have caused current dark circles around eyes
I have had asthma my entire life. I was introduced to advair during an asthma study when I was 16 I think. I have been on the medication ever since. I am 27 now and have been off Advair 250 for almost 7 months now. Lately I have been experiences very dark redish circles underneath and around my eyes ...
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
More reviews for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Flovent Diskus 250, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 500/50, Albuterol for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
More related studies for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.