Review: could Advair diskus 250/50 cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Advair diskus 250/50, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Chronic obstructive airways disease.
We study 1,909 people who have side effects while taking Advair diskus 250/50 from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50 and have Muscle cramps >>>
Advair diskus 250/50
Advair diskus 250/50 has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (view latest outcomes from 2,296 users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramps 10,796 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 1,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair diskus 250/50. Among them, 25 people (1.31%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Advair diskus 250/50 when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||12.00%||60.00%||12.00%||0.00%||8.00%||4.00%||4.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||92.68%||7.32% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||2.78%||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||55.56%||13.89%||25.00% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Advair diskus 250/50 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic obstructive airways disease (13 people, 52.00%)
- Asthma (10 people, 40.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 8.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (2 people, 8.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (12 people, 48.00%)
- Singulair (5 people, 20.00%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 20.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 12.00%)
- Lasix (3 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Advair Diskus 250/50?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50 and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Advair diskus 250/50
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm still having problems with hypoglycemia... if anyone know anything, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! :)
I know there can't just be a support group here for FERRETS!!! people are kind of important... I hate this song, but "Don't worry, BE HAPPY" is okay, I guess... I'm trying to force it upon myself. Things will get BETTER!!!
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath much more poorly upon (even minimal) exertion than before the Pseuomonas.
Tudorza seems as equally effective as my Advair and Spiriva regimens did, but I still run out of breath much sooner than I did before the Pseudomonas hit.
Will I ever regain my prior abilities? Should I combine ADVAIR with TUDORZA?
- Is it possible for me to stop taking advair without getting short of breath (1 answer)
I take these meds everyday the singulair I take one a day and the Advair I take twice a day. I take vitamin C on occasions. I do not feel bad but there are times when I have bad indegestion. Also my face is getting very round and I would like to know why? Is there any way I can maybe stop taking the advair? is there an alternative med
- Have people on pravstatin experienced muscle cramps on the same level as those taking zocor?
experience severe thigh cramps often when using Zocor.
afraid to start using pravastatin and wonder if pravastatin would cause the same
More questions for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen I gained 29 pounds in two days. My doctor put me on lasix and potassium for several weeks. I quit using the spiriva when my other doctor asked if I was on any new meds. Spiriva was the only new medicine. When I stopped using it the swelling went away.
- Advair could have caused current dark circles around eyes
I have had asthma my entire life. I was introduced to advair during an asthma study when I was 16 I think. I have been on the medication ever since. I am 27 now and have been off Advair 250 for almost 7 months now. Lately I have been experiences very dark redish circles underneath and around my eyes. They get darker and lighter depending on my mood I guess. I did not have this problem prior to ever being on this medication. Does anyone else have similar symptoms or story? How do I make them go away?
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different prescription when that one no longer helped, and finally a third prescription, which did not work either. The cramps continued to grow more severe and more frequent. I was also having extremely severe cramps in my left hand, to the point that I could not straighten my fingers for several excruciating minutes. Although the cramps in my calves had lessened significantly, my toes were starting to cramp severely.
I stopped taking allopurinol about a month ago, and since then I realized that my hands and toes were cramping less and less, and now it is almost completely gone. I inadvertently stopped the allopurinol and I lost the bottle of pills and didn't realize it until I went to refill my pill box that holds a month's supply divided into daily doses. I searched on the internet and found that muscle problems are not uncommon for some people taking allopurinol.
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
- I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it ubt it hurts a bit.
More related studies for: Advair diskus 250/50, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.