Review: could Advair hfa cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Advair hfa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Depression.
We study 6,629 people who have side effects while taking Advair hfa from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Advair hfa and have Tinnitus >>>
Advair hfa has active ingredients of fluticasone propionate; salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 6,814 Advair hfa users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 6,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Advair hfa. Among them, 12 people (0.18%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Advair hfa when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Advair hfa * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Advair hfa * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Advair hfa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 16.67%)
- Emphysema (2 people, 16.67%)
- Constipation (1 people, 8.33%)
- Contraception (1 people, 8.33%)
- Pseudomonas infection (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (3 people, 25.00%)
- Spiriva (3 people, 25.00%)
- Acetaminophen (2 people, 16.67%)
- Wellbutrin xl (2 people, 16.67%)
- Singulair (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of advair hfa and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Advair Hfa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Advair hfa and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Advair hfa
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Depo-testosterone for a 63-year old man with Sex Drive. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Proventil-hfa, Allegra, Advair Hfa for a 35-year old man with Allergies, Asthma. The patient has Somnambulism
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Hfa, Losartan for a 53-year old man with Asthma, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Temperature Measurement
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
Recent Advair hfa related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.