Review: could Advil cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Advil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Schizoaffective disorder.
We study 21,444 people who have side effects while taking Advil from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Advil and have High blood sugar >>>
Advil has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in headache. (latest outcomes from 22,825 Advil users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,136 High blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 21,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Advil. Among them, 45 people (0.21%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Advil when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Advil * :
|High blood sugar||50.94%||49.06% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Advil * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||25.49%||19.61%||0.00%||13.73%||33.33%||7.84% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Advil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizoaffective disorder (8 people, 17.78%)
- Depression (6 people, 13.33%)
- Pain (4 people, 8.89%)
- Endocarditis (4 people, 8.89%)
- Acne (4 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (16 people, 35.56%)
- Celexa (15 people, 33.33%)
- Dexamethasone (14 people, 31.11%)
- Potassium chloride (13 people, 28.89%)
- Seroquel (12 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Advil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Advil and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Advil
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Sinusitis Aspergillus
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Advil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.