Advil and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Advil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Advil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,848 people who have side effects when taking Advil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
34,848 people reported to have side effects when taking Advil.
Among them, 63 people (0.18%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Advil when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Advil *:
- female: 61.9 %
- male: 38.1 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Advil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.78 %
- 20-29: 15.25 %
- 30-39: 5.08 %
- 40-49: 16.95 %
- 50-59: 37.29 %
- 60+: 18.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (8 people, 12.70%)
- Depression (7 people, 11.11%)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (5 people, 7.94%)
- Endocarditis (4 people, 6.35%)
- Back Pain (4 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (11 people, 17.46%)
- Tylenol (11 people, 17.46%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 17.46%)
- Lasix (11 people, 17.46%)
- Ativan (11 people, 17.46%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (19 people, 30.16%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 25.40%)
- Back Pain (15 people, 23.81%)
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 22.22%)
- Hypotension (13 people, 20.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Advil?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Advil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Advil has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Advil 36,772 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 26,002 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Advila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Scheduled for shoulder replacement and had to cancel due to A1C being 8.2. It hasn't been that high in many years. I have been taking fortaeo for only about 6 months. Has anyone else seen an increase in their daily glucose testing or on their periodic A1C
User reviews to the study
I have been taking kflex, Advil pm, Ambien, clonadine, gabapentin, Suboxone. I did use cocaine a week ago. & A week later I showed positive for cocaine, benzo's& Suboxone. I had a Rx for the subs & a doc gave me the benzo's, but the coke should have been out of my system. I was on kflex for ...
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?