Home > Advil > Sleepiness > Advil and Sleepiness
Review: could Advil cause Sleepiness (Drowsiness)?
We study 21,432 people who have side effects while taking Advil from FDA and social media. Among them, 440 have Sleepiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Advil and have Sleepiness >>>
Advil (latest outcomes from 22,811 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in headache.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 494,664 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 21,432 people reported to have side effects when taking Advil. Among them, 440 people (2.05%) have Sleepiness.
Time on Advil when people have Sleepiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness when taking Advil * :
Age of people who have Sleepiness when taking Advil * :
Severity of Sleepiness when taking Advil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (80 people, 18.18%)
- Insomnia (44 people, 10.00%)
- Headache (27 people, 6.14%)
- Hypertension (26 people, 5.91%)
- Asthma (20 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Advil liqui-gels (123 people, 27.95%)
- Advil pm (98 people, 22.27%)
- Acetaminophen (35 people, 7.95%)
- Lyrica (35 people, 7.95%)
- Vioxx (31 people, 7.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness while taking Advil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Advil and have Sleepiness
- support group for people who take Advil
- support group for people who have Sleepiness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Is it ok to take papaya with ibuprofen
Just wondering if it is safe to take papaya chewables with Ibuprofen?
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
More questions for: Advil, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Advil, Sleepiness
On eHealthMe, Advil (ibuprofen) is often used for headache. Find out below the conditions Advil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Advil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Advil - 256MG for a patient with Narcolepsy, Tooth Ache. The patient has Sleepiness
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Cymbalta, Adderall 20, Clonazepam, Ibuprofen, Vicodin for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Daytime Sleep Disorder, Pain, Pain Management. The patient has Painful Erection, Involuntary Eye Movements, Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Advil Liqui-gels, Ibuprofen for a patient with Cramps - Menstrual. The patient has Drowsiness
More related studies for: Advil, Sleepiness
Recent Advil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Advil, Sleepiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.