Review: could Aggrenox cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Aggrenox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,250 people who have side effects while taking Aggrenox from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Aggrenox and have Hair loss >>>
Aggrenox has active ingredients of aspirin; dipyridamole. It is often used in stroke. (latest outcomes from 4,360 Aggrenox users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 4,249 people reported to have side effects when taking Aggrenox. Among them, 25 people (0.59%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Aggrenox when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Aggrenox * :
|Hair loss||80.77%||19.23% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Aggrenox * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||8.70%||4.35%||8.70%||65.22% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Aggrenox ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (6 people, 24.00%)
- Migraine (5 people, 20.00%)
- Menstruation irregular (4 people, 16.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 16.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 12.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 40.00%)
- Cozaar (6 people, 24.00%)
- Glipizide (6 people, 24.00%)
- Lantus (6 people, 24.00%)
- Amoxicillin (5 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of aggrenox and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Aggrenox?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Aggrenox and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Aggrenox
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Actemra for a 50-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Fluid Retention, Sjogren's Syndrome, Scleroedema, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Candesartan Cilexetil for a 68-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 58-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Loss Of Hair
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 59-year old woman with Post Laminectomy Syndrome. The patient has Alopecia
Recent Aggrenox related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.