Review: could Albuterol sulfate cause Upper respiratory tract infection?
Summary: Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Albuterol sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Asthma.
We study 8,715 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 113 have Upper respiratory tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Upper respiratory tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate and have Upper respiratory tract infection >>>
Albuterol sulfate has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 9,172 Albuterol sulfate users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 20,125 Upper respiratory tract infection patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 8,715 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol sulfate. Among them, 113 people (1.30%) have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.
Time on Albuterol sulfate when people have Upper respiratory tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upper respiratory tract infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Albuterol sulfate * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||60.18%||39.82% |
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Albuterol sulfate * :
|Upper respiratory tract infection||2.38%||5.95%||1.19%||2.38%||4.76%||15.48%||26.19%||41.67% |
Severity of Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Albuterol sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Upper respiratory tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (14 people, 12.39%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (10 people, 8.85%)
- Depression (9 people, 7.96%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 7.96%)
- Bone neoplasm malignant (8 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (36 people, 31.86%)
- Albuterol sulfate autohaler (36 people, 31.86%)
- Prednisone (31 people, 27.43%)
- Acetaminophen (28 people, 24.78%)
- Aredia (24 people, 21.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol sulfate and upper respiratory tract infection on
Do you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection while taking Albuterol Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate
- support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Mucinex, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Dulera, Zyrtec, Prednisone, Prozac for a 38-year old woman with Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Allergic Sinusitis, Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergy, Sinusitis Acute, Depression. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of side effects of Albuterol Sulfate for a 37-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Progesterone, Albuterol Sulfate, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 22-year old woman with Progesterone Increased, Asthma. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Recent Albuterol sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.