Review: could Albuterol sulfate cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Albuterol sulfate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Albuterol sulfate autohaler, and have Asthma.
We study 8,710 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate and have Weight gain >>>
Albuterol sulfate has active ingredients of albuterol sulfate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 9,169 Albuterol sulfate users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 8,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol sulfate. Among them, 129 people (1.48%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Albuterol sulfate when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Albuterol sulfate * :
|Weight gain||58.91%||41.09% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Albuterol sulfate * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||1.69%||4.24%||4.24%||20.34%||9.32%||32.20%||27.97% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Albuterol sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (55 people, 42.64%)
- Pain (19 people, 14.73%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 11.63%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (13 people, 10.08%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (13 people, 10.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol sulfate autohaler (69 people, 53.49%)
- Furosemide (29 people, 22.48%)
- Spiriva (23 people, 17.83%)
- Fluticasone propionate (23 people, 17.83%)
- Lasix (20 people, 15.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of albuterol sulfate and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Albuterol Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Albuterol sulfate
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate for a 38-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Nausea
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
Recent Albuterol sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.