Albuterol and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Aerobid, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Albuterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 82,512 people who have side effects when taking Albuterol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
82,512 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol.
Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Albuterol *:
- female: 55.56 %
- male: 44.44 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Albuterol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (1 person, 11.11%)
- Quit Smoking (1 person, 11.11%)
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (1 person, 11.11%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (3 people, 33.33%)
- Mellaril (3 people, 33.33%)
- Biaxin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Atrovent (3 people, 33.33%)
- Aerobid (3 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Paranoia (4 people, 44.44%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (3 people, 33.33%)
- Hallucination, Auditory (3 people, 33.33%)
- Confusion (3 people, 33.33%)
- Agitation (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acute psychosis when taking Albuterol?
- Check symptoms - is acute psychosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcute psychosis and drugs with ingredients of albuterol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcute psychosis and Albuterol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Albuterol 83,719 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Albuterola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was given drugs for an exacerbation..of reactive.airway...WHICH...I have not had since 2008...all my drugs were old..I went to my primary care ..She prescribed all my respiratory care..I had..in 2008..except one...Albuterol..I was on xopenex.before and it worked perfectly..She indicated with ...
User reviews to the study
I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank ...
I was just contacted today to advise me that my platelet count is 813 and potassium 6.0. I am leaving for New Mexico tomorrow and now totally stressed. I have an appointment with a Hematologist on 27th and told to stop googling by Dr.'s office. However, I have asthma and was on Advair and ...
I have severe psychosis symptoms and a bunch of other physical, gastroenterology, and psychological side effects with long term use of Biaxin. I have been on it for 17 years and get severe withdraw when I stop taking it within 1-2 days. My Doctor recently told me he was prescribing it as an ...