Home > Albuterol > Anaphylaxis > Albuterol and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Albuterol cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,105 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 519 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Albuterol and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Albuterol (latest outcomes from 54,797 users) has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,201 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 54,100 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 519 people (0.96%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Albuterol when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (170 people, 32.76%)
- Hypersensitivity (43 people, 8.29%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (29 people, 5.59%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 5.59%)
- Pain (25 people, 4.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (142 people, 27.36%)
- Xolair (120 people, 23.12%)
- Prednisone (70 people, 13.49%)
- Aspirin (67 people, 12.91%)
- Spiriva (63 people, 12.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Forearm Elbow Pain, Numb Fingers In Morning, and takes Albuterol)
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while m ...
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
- Am i pregnant or had a miscarriage or other condition?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Slight On And Metalic Taste In The Mouth, Some Times Slight Or Server Lower Back Pain And Pulling Below Belly Button And On And Off Crave For Certain Foods And Sence Of Smell, and takes Ventolin)
my mentral cycle is very unpredictable and hence i have very iregular periods but one thing for sur i have never missed my periods or ever been late infact it often comes early
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Anaphylaxis)
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
More questions for: Albuterol, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Shock, and takes Fish Oil)
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Albuterol, Anaphylaxis
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
More related studies for: Albuterol, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.