Review: could Albuterol cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma.
We study 54,126 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 519 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Albuterol and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 54,814 Albuterol users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain. (latest reports from 28,938 Anaphylaxis patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 54,126 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 519 people (0.96%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Albuterol when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Albuterol ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (170 people, 32.76%)
- Hypersensitivity (43 people, 8.29%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (29 people, 5.59%)
- Hypertension (29 people, 5.59%)
- Pain (25 people, 4.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (142 people, 27.36%)
- Xolair (120 people, 23.12%)
- Prednisone (70 people, 13.49%)
- Aspirin (67 people, 12.91%)
- Spiriva (63 people, 12.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Albuterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Klonopin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol, Insulin, Lexapro for a 63-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Symbicort, Albuterol for a 39-year old man who has Asthma
- Comparions of Tramadol Hydrochloride, Albuterol for a 34-year old woman who has Pain/ Asthma
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.