Albuterol and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Albuterol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Spiriva, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Albuterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 82,512 people who have side effects when taking Albuterol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
82,512 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol.
Among them, 929 people (1.13%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Albuterol when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Albuterol *:
- female: 69.47 %
- male: 30.53 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Albuterol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.69 %
- 10-19: 1.38 %
- 20-29: 1.38 %
- 30-39: 5.25 %
- 40-49: 11.46 %
- 50-59: 21.13 %
- 60+: 58.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (88 people, 9.47%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (70 people, 7.53%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (65 people, 7.00%)
- Emphysema (57 people, 6.14%)
- Depression (56 people, 6.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Spiriva (327 people, 35.20%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (154 people, 16.58%)
- Lasix (100 people, 10.76%)
- Xanax (89 people, 9.58%)
- Aspirin (86 people, 9.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (191 people, 20.56%)
- Nausea (162 people, 17.44%)
- Stress And Anxiety (151 people, 16.25%)
- Constipation (142 people, 15.29%)
- Fatigue (134 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Albuterol?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of albuterol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Albuterol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Albuterol 83,719 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Albuterola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
I quit taking ambien when I found out that was causing dry mouth, I thought melatonin is more natural and shouldn't have any side effects, Has anyone found a successful alternative or anything that helps with the dry mouth?