Review: could Albuterol cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Albuterol.
We study 54,111 people who have side effects while taking Albuterol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Elevated liver enzymes. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Albuterol and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (view latest outcomes from 54,799 users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease.(view latest reports from 198 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 54,105 people reported to have side effects when taking Albuterol. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Albuterol when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Albuterol * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Albuterol * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Albuterol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (2 people, 100.00%)
- Coronary heart disease (1 people, 50.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Stent (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Toprol-xl (1 people, 50.00%)
- Duoneb (1 people, 50.00%)
- Singulair (1 people, 50.00%)
- Plavix (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Albuterol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Albuterol and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Albuterol
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Albuterol, Fioricet)
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my eyes front for head and temples (I have also had a warming sensation in the back of head and thought body here and there that no one can explain to me ) but I have been subscribed fioricet but I'm a chronic asthmatic so I take albuterol inhaler and some times solution for my neb I read that these 2 can have interation and I been feeling shortness of breath which I know can be a side effect from fioricet but I do take my inhaler daily and I want to check if anyone has been in same situation and if there were any interactions
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Forearm Elbow Pain, Numb Fingers In Morning, and takes Albuterol)
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while my wrists seem weak and i often get pain when gripping. I'm now taking 6 ibuprofen daily and the symptoms have reduced a little. Are the symptoms a possible result of stopping the use of the ventalin -salbutamol?
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low (1 answer)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Asthma Late Onset, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin)
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what is the problem with me
- Am i pregnant or had a miscarriage or other condition?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Slight On And Metalic Taste In The Mouth, Some Times Slight Or Server Lower Back Pain And Pulling Below Belly Button And On And Off Crave For Certain Foods And Sence Of Smell, and takes Ventolin)
my mentral cycle is very unpredictable and hence i have very iregular periods but one thing for sur i have never missed my periods or ever been late infact it often comes early
- Does long use of mesalmine cause diarrhea and is there alternative med?
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Crohn's Disease, Osteoporosis, Emphysema, and takes Mesalamine, Cimzia, Calcium, Alendronate Sodium, Albuterol, Hydrocortisone)
I have Crohn's, they removed 2 strictures last year in lower intestine, now have building up of lower ileum and rectum so on Hydrocortisone Enema every other day.
Frequent diarrhea of 7 - 10 times daily but have been off Mesalamine for 2 weeks and now diarrhea is greatly reduced. Have not told doctor yet but will next week when I see her. I want to be prepared when I go to her, and hope to find where Mesalimine can cause Diarrhea and an find alternative. Sulfa makes me nauseated.
More questions for: Albuterol, Elevated liver enzymes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cymbalta side effects
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Elevated Liver Enzymes, Dark Urine, Itchiness, and takes Cymbalta)
Cymbalta was prescribed in Sep. for pain associated with a total knee replacement which was done in Feb. During a yearly physical exam in April my AST and ALT numbers were 21 and 24. After taking Cymbalta for six days in September I noticed dark urine and immediately quit the Cymbalta. Labs done three days later showed my AST had risen to 569 and my ALT was 939. I saw a specialist and had labs done 10 days after stopping Cymbalta and my AST dropped to 27 and my ALT to 155. I will have them done again in three months. There is no doubt in my mind that Cymbalta was the culprit as all other meds, diet, etc. remained the same throughout this time frame.
More reviews for: Albuterol, Elevated liver enzymes
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- Stage IV breast cancer with mets to bones. C5 in neck collapse. No surgery. Bone mets are significant in skull and neck. Symptoms are neck and shoulder pain, taking methadone for this. Severe fatigue and lethargy especially after zometa infusion. Zometa infusion every 3 months.
- Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
More related studies for: Albuterol, Elevated liver enzymes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.